Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:15:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Possible child abuse

Started by amymarie, Jun 09, 2009, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!

I just want you to know that, regardless of what can be done or what should be done and all the bureaucratic BS between the states involved, you and Dad are doing the right thing in doing all YOU can to protect her.  I wish you the best in this struggle and I pray that, if it is determined by law that a crime has been committed, the guilty party is charged and convicted so that this precious girl never will suffer at their hands again.  Please keep us informed on what is going on........there are many here who are just as concerned and praying for the best, I am sure.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Davy

Well SAID KITTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and wisper to her  "we love you" along with gentle hugs and kisses .........

MixedBag

ocean

Thanks for letting us know...thinking about it all week how the courts just take their time and dont protect the child.

Did you say anything to her about why she is staying with you and not going back to mom's? Can you get a therapist this week to see you guys and help you say the right things to her (plus one more person to help your case). Make sure it is a child psychologist and meet them first and feel them out. See if you like them, if not move on to the next one. Took us 3 tries to get one that we liked.

Do you have to get a lawyer for this or does CPS take it to court?
I am so happy that TN did the right thing, did they let you file a police report too? Then the criminal investigation should start too.

amymarie

I'm pretty sure that GA CPS will pick the psychiatrist that will do the interview with DSD, not us.  They were waiting on TN CPS to give them okay, and on Thursday TN CPS said they were 'taking care of it' so I hope that means they are working with GA to get everything set up. 

Thank you for the encouragement.  We were starting to doubt ourselves but then DSD brought it up two more times this past weekend.  I have no doubt in my mind that it happened and I have no doubt that she will talk about it when they interview her.  She is very specific about what she says.  We are making sure that we acknowledge what she says but we are not asking her any more questions because we don't want to unintentionally put any ideas in her head.

We have not really brought up the fact that she is staying with us longer.  She has not asked to call her mommy or see her or anything, so we are just waiting for her to bring it up. 

Davy

Just curious.  Did the PO include no phone contact by both BM and whats-his-name ?

One might assume but ........

Just for your consideration in future dealings .... It is known and documented, mosty found from studies concerning "false accusations" like daddy just defeated.  IT goes some like this : it is NOT at all surprising (ie common) to find previous false accusations by the actual or real abuser, in other words the false accuser is the real abuser.

Unfortunately, many discover this too late.  In my beginning,  I always maintained that there was no way their mother would ever allow anything bad to happen to her children ... not in a 1000 years.  I nearly lost it upon discovering just the tip of the iceberg.

amymarie

Yes, neither BM nor the grandfather are allowed to call either. 

So it is common in false accusations that the child IS being abused, just not by the person being accused?  That is interesting.  As soon as my family found out, they made the comment that they wondered if BM knew about this when she made the false accusations (they were actually last year, not this year, so at the time dd was too young to either confirm or deny it).  Like maybe she knew there was something going on so she wanted to try to pin it on DF so that she could get full custody (ever since they split she has done nothing but try to push him out of his daughter's life).