Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 02:51:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

served with modification of parenting plan

Started by russjill, Jul 26, 2009, 10:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russjill

I live in the state of Arizona and was served with a modification of a parenting plan today for my minor child that resides in Idaho. I want to know if there is any way to deal with this without traveling to Idaho and hiring an attorney. The modication request greatly reduces my time with my child and asks me to pay more for airfare ( we are splitting equally between both mother and myself now).

Im-a-dad2

Which state was the first parenting plan created in? Also, who moved? Did the child move, or did you move?

If the child remained in the home state and you moved, then the state in which the child still resides has jurisdiction.

If you remained in the home state, and the child moved, then the home state (your state) has jurisdiction.

russjill

The first parenting plan was created in Washington state.  The child moved to Idaho in 1999.  Then I moved to Arizona in 2006.  My ex moved the parenting plan to Idaho in june through the courts.  My questions is, is there anyway to fight this without having to go to Idaho?

MomofTwo

Because no parties no longer reside in the original state and Idaho accepted jurisdiction, you have no choice but to go to Idaho to deal with it.

ocean

You can hire a lawyer in that state and you can appear by telephone conference... if you really dont have the money, you can call family court yourself and ask how you can appear by telephone...(better to be there though..)