Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:44:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of State Visitation questions-help

Started by Yomont, Jun 19, 2009, 02:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksmarks

Yo:

check out  http://topics.law.cornell.edu/wex/table_family (http://topics.law.cornell.edu/wex/table_family)

they should address the issues that you have concern over...

Good Luck!

K
KSMarks

Davy

The statues are great for reference.  Thanks !At this particular moment (for summer visitation) and considering the specifics of the case to you have any input ?

ksmarks

Davy, I read that you are as joyful today as you are any other time, I was responding to the following when I posted the link:

"I have been thinking of filing for visitation but am not sure what to do.
   Do I file here or in CO?
   If I want to file to have her all summer school break and every other holiday, is that possible?
   What are the chances that I get what I want?
   Maybe some insight as to how the process works would also be helpful. "

On that note, if dad wants to know where and how, as well as a bit of legal commentary if would be a place to start. 

My advice would simply be to file, without reading the codes myself, I don't know which state has jurisdiction in this matter....

Good Luck and try to have a pleasent day!

K
KSMarks

Davy

Ksmarks;
The focus for the father is to have access to his child this summer.  We are here to help people with our knowledge and experience and others know the statues with real life experiences.  You're at the beginning ... some of us are at the end.  If you have questions or don't know  ... just ask ... please don't confuse or mislead people.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with me and you need to look in the mirror.

If you want to interpret the statues,  without knowing the specifics ot this case and you think the statues are the only remedy, you can start by reading the UCCJA for both states along with the PKPA.  Then read some case historys.  Several months from now you can always come back when you know what questions to ask.  This is good advice. 

Best to ya !!

ksmarks

Davy,

Re- read reply four (4)- Dad clearly indicated that he had just completed the summer visitation for this year, and is concerned about next year. 

As previous posters have already given him at times sage and timely advice, I provided a link to the Legal Information Institute at Cornell Law School, which if you had bothered to investigate the site yourself you would have found that they offer free services as well as codes and commentary to those in need. 

And Davy, there is nothing wrong with being joyful....

Have a good one....

KSMarks