Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:52:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

MN Medical Assistance question

Started by Superdottie, Jun 25, 2009, 12:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superdottie

Does Medical Assistance do reimbursments?

My DH and I are taking kids on vacation next week.  Youngest is on ADHD meds and is about to run out of them.  She has a new RX and the pharmacy is having a hard time getting through to MA to get it approved.  I'm thinking of just paying for it ($136), but would want to be reimbursed.

The MA is through their mom, so maybe she would have to make the claim?

Thanks!

lucky

This might be too late for you, but MA does do reimbursements - my dd had to do that when she & the little one were on MA and had to go to the ER here as there version of MA was only for Itasca County.

However, I believe that you're also correct and that is that the mom will have to apply for reimbursement - and will she pay you when she DOES get reimbursed?

What kind of meds is she on and/or going on?
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

spinner

Hi,
I know this has nothing to do with divorce but you seems to know about it so I figured I'd ask.

I have recently lost my job and even though I had a great income before I was the only one to work so we are now without income and without medical insurance for my wife, and 2 kids and I

I was thinking about applying for MA but am wondering what the requirements are ?!?!
We have assets but they are blocked assets like our home, cars, ...

lucky

I don't know what the requirements are anymore - things have changed drastically since I was well informed.  :)  Try this link though, it should give you some guidance.

http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/idcplg?IdcService=GET_DYNAMIC_CONVERSION&RevisionSelectionMethod=LatestReleased&dDocName=id_006260 (http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/idcplg?IdcService=GET_DYNAMIC_CONVERSION&RevisionSelectionMethod=LatestReleased&dDocName=id_006260)
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers