Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 02:15:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Visitation questions

Started by Shanni, Jun 30, 2009, 06:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanni

Haven t posted much as BM has been out of the picture for the most part in the past 8 months or so and life has been very quiet. Now however she is not longer in jail and starting her bs again. I am in the process of getting our custody orders registered in Ohio as they are originally ordered in Virignia and none of the parties involved live there now.
    I have successfully gotten a child support order recognized in New Jersey against that father and have finally started getting payment of that from him( or should I say his mother). Now comes the fun part, the original orders are for liberal visitation and not specific at all.
    We are wanting to make them supervised  so that she can be drug tested and alcohol tested before the visits. Also for her to have to come to ohio for visitation, also to specify times for phone calls, she has had very limited time or calls from her part but we are wanting to make the specifications so that  we can document her lack of participation so that we may eventually terminate her parental rights and looking to eventually adopt the boys.
   The boys have been with us for over 3 years now and in Sept the custody order will be 3 years old.  We had them 6 months prior to this before the custody was awarded.These little guys need to know that someone out there is fighting for them. 
   We just had a visit this past weekend where mom had the opportunity to spend 3 days with her boys but chose to spend 7 hours with them and preferred to spend it with the abusive boyfriend over them and so  that she could drink.  Our stipulations are no boyfriends and no alcoholic  during a visit. When we found out that she was drinking during the visit we took the boys out of the situation for the evening and figured we would try again in the morning after she sobered up.  She made her choices and now trying to give us major grief.  All we are trying to do is to protect them as she is an aggressive nasty person when drinking.

So I guess bottom line I am asking if anyone here knows how Ohio is when it comes to changing visitation to supervised and how far do the courts here take "the best interest of the child"