Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 05:20:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lice and summer visitation

Started by bri.lee514, Jun 30, 2009, 07:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bri.lee514

Need Feed back- For past 2 1/2 months during the time frame I do not see my daughter for 1 week she has returned to my Household with Lice. On my weekends I spend the time trying to eliminate the problem she goes back to her Mom lice free only to return again infested. I have spoken to her mother about this issue but she has not taken care of the problem. I have 6 week visitation every summer nothing is in the decree about allowing visitation with her mother. So guess what? On the first day of visitation (not seeing her for a week) she has lice again. I called her mother to advise she is not going back to her house until she cleans up her place. Her mother has cat puke on the carpets from many months ago(I've been in her place several times cat puke never cleaned up so in other words I think her environment is unclean) My question is when the NCP has their 6 weeks what is the rule of thumb for CP visitation access if nothing is stated in the decree?  What about this lice issue?  Should I call DHS or the Department of Health?

Mom1Step2

I've been through the same thing.  We were always the bad guys torturing the kids by treating and scraping them everytime we saw them.  BD pulled live lice out of BM's head and she still didnt believe it came from her house.  She would sometimes treat them, but would not follow the directions on the package.  Sometimes she would use an alternate treatment like coating with mayo or even once died their hair.

It was a major problem for us because of my daughter that lives with us.  BD's kids would come over and immediately we would have to "do heads" to prevent it spreading through our whole house.  Sometimes it would take all weekend and then we would have to send them back to get it again.  Hardly seemed worth it.

Now for your question, there is really nothing you can do about it.  All she has to do is say she is working on the problem.  You cannot prove that she is not doing so, right?  It really sucks but technically they are not being "harmed".