Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 08:40:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Group functioning: emoticons and newbie posters

Started by snowrose, Jul 06, 2009, 02:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowrose

Hope this is okay to put here...

I was just wondering, are you aware that new posters are stopped from posting if they happen to put an emoticon in their post? 

If there's an emoticon in the text a note will come up stating that the poster is not allowed to put in links.  Now, maybe I think too highly of myself but I'm not so sure that most folks would figure out that the "link" that is being refused is one of the emoticons from your site's own dropdown emoticon menu.

Davy

Snowrose.  You're OK.  I seriously doubt if anybody at Sparc gives a hoot how long you have posted here especially as it relates to the little funny guys.  I think they may have been experencing some technical difficulty and everything will probably be OK the next time you try. Thanks for posting !!!!

Waylon

Thanks for finding this errr, "feature".  

It *should* be fixed now, so anyone can make a post with emoticons. If this isn't fixed, please let me know.

Quote from: snowrose on Jul 06, 2009, 02:39:26 PM
Hope this is okay to put here...

I was just wondering, are you aware that new posters are stopped from posting if they happen to put an emoticon in their post? 

If there's an emoticon in the text a note will come up stating that the poster is not allowed to put in links.  Now, maybe I think too highly of myself but I'm not so sure that most folks would figure out that the "link" that is being refused is one of the emoticons from your site's own dropdown emoticon menu.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

snowrose

Quote from: Waylon on Jul 06, 2009, 07:25:31 PM
Thanks for finding this errr, "feature".  

It *should* be fixed now, so anyone can make a post with emoticons. If this isn't fixed, please let me know.

LOL!  Well, if this posts then the "feature" has been changed.   

Thanks!