Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 02:25:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Help

Started by worriedgirlfriend, Oct 14, 2005, 01:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

worriedgirlfriend

Every day I see how it hurts my boyfriend when he thinks about his son. Which he has not seen in over 8 months. We were going to talk her to court for coustody but now with both of us making less the $10 a hour and him paying more then $600 a month for support we can not afford an attorny. I would like to find some one we can afford with only about $100 at the most that we can spend. I would also like it to be someone known for helping fathers in this type of situation. If any one can help please give me some numbers to call. We live in Colorado.    Another thing we cant get legal help because together we make more then $2000 a month. PLEASE HELP

Ref

But I don't think your income should be considered at all. You are just a girlfriend (no offense but being "just a girlfriend" is a good thing from time to time). I don't even think they would consider a spouse's income.

Anyway, why is the support so high? It looks like he should have to pay closer to $350 a month if he doesn't see child and mom doesn't work and there are no daycare costs.

Do they have a parenting agreement? How did they determine the CS amount?

On the main page of SPARC there is a link to State Resources. Go to CO and see the child support link. You can recalculate it yourself and see what you should be paying.

I'm not sure this will help, but good luck to you and your boyfriend. If you need any advice about being in the relationship with a stepchild, this is a great place to come. Many of us are Stepmoms.

MixedBag

contact DHR or your Child Support Enforcement office and ask them to review his child support situation NOW to get his CS reduced if it's too high.

In addition, file a "Motion to Show Cause" with the court and ask for make-up time for the last 8 months where Dad didn't get to see the child.

FYI:  DH went for over 3 years in not seeing his children and didn't get  custody.