Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 07:23:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

not allowed visitation

Started by kalista, Aug 03, 2009, 11:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalista

since telling my wife I wanted a divorce, 6 wks. ago, I have seen my five month daughter a total of less than 2.5 HOURS.  She has come right out and admitted to my mother that she knows this is bad for my daughter BUT I hurt my wifes feelings so she is keeping the baby from me!  We both have attorneys, there is an initial court date set for Aug. 20 but what can I do now?  My baby has learned to roll over, crawl, and grew three teeth all without her daddy.  I am going crazy from this but trying to stay calm, act like the adult, blah,blah,blah!  Isn't there anything I can leagally do right now so I can spend some time with my daughter?  She'll forget who I am!  Thank you for any help.

snowrose

Have you asked your attorney about a temporary custody order?

Davy

Your wife is damaging her own cause and the court is likely frown upon her keeping the baby away from you.

Your best effort at this time is to set up a lucrative schedule  including overnights given the place and time she is to deliver the child to you and when she can return to pick your child up.  Send the schedule to her by regular and certified mail and copy your attorney.  It is best to be polite and respectful but also direct and to the point.  More 'demanding' than 'asking'.

Be sure to be reasonably lucrative and convenient to the baby (nap and feeding, etc) and your work schedule.

If for some reason your attorney does not take kindly to this action then you probably have the wrong attorney.  You do not have to wait on a court date and should play favorably on your behalf in court. 

nnote

Assuming you have established paternity...
Have your attorney send her several letters between now and then requesting visitation time.
If you get offered time, and it's sufficient great, if not, be patient and wait for trial.  But whatever you do, do NOT accept
the time if it's conditional to her supervising your time.
If she doesn't offer you time, in a sad way that's ok also... sucks but... Believe me, be patient and your child will not forget you.
When it comes time for trial, and you are on the witness stand, your attorney should concentrate on how you have been alienated from your child and have made numerous requests, with no response.

I've been there, doing it now. I was alienated from my daughter for 4 months. It hurt beyond belief, but amazingly when I got my first day with her, it was like we were never seperated! Her actions also told me plenty about her wellfare while she was withheld from me....