Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:14:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fumin Mad!!!

Started by Giggles, Jul 24, 2009, 12:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giggles

I'm soo mad I could spit fire!!  My DH has a son from his 1st marriage.  He's always paid his CS on time, is NOT in arrears and never had a problem till we moved.

We are now in Florida and the people in the CS office have to be totally daft!!

My husband received a summons for Contempt of court due to failure to pay CS.  WTF????

Court was today...he was prepared with all his pay slips showing the CS had been deducted.  So they call him up, the judge says "well you have no arrears, looks like you have made and are making all your payments...do you have anything to add"....  My DH was about to open his mouth when the judge then said...""you've won, don't say anything"...

Done and overwith right?? WRONG....DH had to PAY...get this $90 court costs???  WTF???

DH didn't mess up...CSE did...so why are they making my DH pay $90 in court costs???
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

Davy

Why did they make DH pay ?  Because they can.  And they didn't make a mistake either.  They did it on purpose   Really ... they think they may as well have the $90 rather than DH.  They have to justify salary increases and eat to.  Really !!

Do you have any recourse ??

MixedBag

I'm with you....if you figure this one out, please share.

Its wrong.

Giggles

Quote from: Davy on Jul 24, 2009, 05:51:14 PM
Do you have any recourse ??

I don't know but a nasty letter is going out...just irks me to no end!!  Perhaps we should send a copy to the local news papers???

snowrose

The one thing your DH probably should have said was to ask for Court Costs.

Personally, I wouldn't send that letter to CSE.  From what I've seen of friends, this sort of thing has a tendency to happen in multiples - and it might be because of the BM.  She could have complained because timing had been off in something she was or wasn't receiving and because of that CSE sent you to court.

My suggestion would be, instead of sending a nasty letter give the CSE a call and try to find out what happened.  Cultivate a positive relationship with the organization.  If you succeed and they realize your DH does and wants to pay, could be that if something happens again you'll have a friend on the inside that will give you a call and let you know that a question has come up.  That way you can take care of the misunderstanding before it goes any further.

Giggles

snowrose....DH has had nothing but problems with the CSE office here.  He has had to call them several times, his HR person has had to call them several times....all because they say he's behind in payments when he's NOT.  Dh's case is interstate...we live in FL and BM lives in WA.  DH has been at this for over a YEAR and they still can't get it right!!!  Oh and to call them takes a minimum of 2 hours...they are totally incompetent and only know how to treat my DH as a deadbeat....it makes me sick!! 

Especially since the BM doesn't even buy my SS under ware...ugh.  SS is 16 y/o and is around the same size as my DH.  DH and I were doing laundry and came across a pair of SS's boxers...they were size 10/12 BOYS!!  DH took SS shopping today!!

snowrose

That doesn't sound like much fun.  Still, I think the nasty letter would only make things worse for your DH.  Maybe it would be better next time he has to talk to them to say something nicely and patiently like "Excuse me.  I realize you have a hard time with a lot of deadbeat parents and it must be hard on you, but I've been on time with every payment for X number of years and I'd really appreciate it if you wouldn't treat me the way you normally treat the deadbeats."

*hugs to you, Giggles*  I know what it's like to watch a stepkid being ignored by their mother.  Good for you and DH for stepping in and getting SS the things he needs.

Giggles

snowrose...it just irks the heck outta me!!  My SS is such a great kid...he's 16 y/o...about to be a Senior in HS but already has an Associates degree!!  He says he is only staying with BM because of his college...but tonight at dinner he said that he probably wont hang out there long after graduation.  I'm going to check to see if his college credits can transfer down here to FL.

ocean

Most 4 year schools will transfer the ass degree if they have it (up to 60 credits).

Did he have to pay the fee at court that day? That is just nuts...

Giggles

Quote from: ocean on Jul 26, 2009, 07:51:25 AM
Most 4 year schools will transfer the ass degree if they have it (up to 60 credits).

Did he have to pay the fee at court that day? That is just nuts...

Yup...he had to pay it at the court....grrr