Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 06:34:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

poa ,temp cust or ???? in nh need help ASAP

Started by alanglois, Jul 29, 2009, 07:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanglois

my sister-in-law just got out of jail for driving charges she is unwed and has two sons... 9 year old lives with her father on her terms.father is out of the picture. she has a two year old that was with her ex boyfriend while she was away who is on the birth cert but never proven to be the father. He is abusive,jobless and has been known to take the baby on drug runs and put the drugs in his diapers. mom is now loaded with cancer  and started extensive treatments today and may not come home from the hospital.....she wants my wife and myself to have custody of her youngest. we have him now but are worried about the father showing up and taking him back. he is also wanted in Conn. for child support on another child. and wants to go to Conn. this week.
WHAT CAN WE DO!!!!!!!!!
            thank you for any help
                  allen

snowrose

What state are you in?  Different states have different requirements for judging paternity.

Is there a custody order in place regarding the children?

You might talk to a lawyer - even if it's only a free consultation.  Look into the possibilities Temporary Custody, of sister-in-law giving someone Power of Attorney over her affairs and also look into her giving someone Guardianship of the children.