S.P.A.R.C.

Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Welcome to the Kids Come First Coalition board!  (Read 3748 times)

Waylon

• Just Some Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.deltabravo.net
Welcome to the Kids Come First Coalition board!
« on: Aug 13, 2009, 08:28:41 PM »
Welcome to the Kids Come First Coalition board.

The Kids Come First Coalition operates this forum and is made up of a group of like-minded individuals working for the greater good of children affected by separation and divorce.

Everyone associated with the Coalition is an advocate of collaborative and mediated divorce with the true best interests of children being of paramount concern.  The Coalition does not champion the rights of one parent over another.

We recommend alternative ideas and innovative solutions you can use to help you navigate through the divorce process with carefully selected professionals including, but not limited to legal, financial, parenting and wellness resources.

The Kids Come First Coalition is also an activist organization whose objective is to change the existing system.  We believe that the current structure encourages and incentivizes the dissolution of the family unit through an adversarial divorce process.  We believe in preserving parent-child relationships.

Full Mission Statement
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Ron Lasorsa

• View Profile
Re: Welcome to the Kids Come First Coalition board!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2009, 08:53:55 AM »
Hello Delta Bravo Readers,

I just wanted to introduce myself and thank Waylon for allowing me to join your forum.  I have been a fan of Delta Bravo for some time and I respect the immense amount of tribal wisdom accumulated on these boards.  I hope that my organization adds value to this community.  I think you will find that I have a slightly different take on how to change the system.  Like all good relationships, I am sure it will take time for you to get to know me and what my goals are. 

It is my intention to post relevant links here to spur discussion and get feedback for how best to accomplish our stated goals which are to reduce the emotional and financial impact that  divorce has on children and to change the existing way men and women divorce. 

Here is a link to my blog so that you get and idea about who I am and why I do what I do.  I look forward to getting to know you.  http://www.ronlasorsa.com/
Ron Lasorsa - Executive Director
Kids Come First Coalition
http://Divorce Cures . com

Davy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2009, 11:12:14 AM »
Thanks Waylon ! 

You've been on my very short list of heroes for providing Sparc and I just added Ron after watching his videos.

Best always to deltabravo and Kids Come First Coalition.

Giggles

• Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2009, 05:42:40 PM »
Welcome Ron!!!

I made a point to bookmark the KCF page...I love it!

I have been active here on SPARC for gosh...over 10 years.  When I first came here I had several preconcieved "ideas" about child custody.  Needless to say, I was straightened out and I agree 100000% that kids do indeed need to come first!!

I am an NCP, a CP and a NCPSP (NCP Step Parent).  My oldest daughter lives with her father.  When we divorced we both agreed that staying with him was in her best interest due to the fact that I wasn't sure if I could make it on my own and I didn't want my child to suffer in case I wasn't able to.  I'm happy to say that my X and I get along great where our daughter is concerned and we have co-parented very well for the last 15 years.  Our daughter is now 17 and will be off to college next year.....sigh

I am CP to my DS (12) and YD (10).  The relationship I have with their fathers is OK....but the relationship the kids have with them is GREAT!!  Oh and Yes...all 3 have different fathers...not the way I planned it but life happens like that.

Welome to our world!!
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

Ron Lasorsa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2009, 05:56:23 AM »
Here is a link to a video I made discussing what I want to accomplish with the Kids Come First Coalition  http://www.youtube.com/v/VHoPfxL_N2Y
Ron Lasorsa - Executive Director
Kids Come First Coalition
http://Divorce Cures . com

Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.