Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:26:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Summer is gone, School is starting

Started by awakenlynn, Aug 21, 2009, 07:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awakenlynn

We had our summer visit and it was a great time.  Our family was finally complete for a short time.  SD is a great girl and we all so much fun together.  She of course fried her phone.  She dropped it in water for the 3rd? time and this time it was DOA.  We have teased her about getting a waterproof phone (they do have them, I had to get hubby one for his work).  But since it is a flip phone and she couldn't get away with texting in class....... she got one she could.

Anyways, hubby called her Tuesday a few days after she got back to her mother's state.  She was in a bad mood.  Her school registration was 8/11 but she and her mother didn't let us know.  It's not like hubby could register her anyways since he doesn't have custody.  Anyways her mother had told her at one of their phone calls and told her daughter she would go.  No surprise, she didn't go and then blamed hubby since SD can't get all the classes she wanted.  If we had known, hubby could have tried to have SD and him call the school and try to let SD register over the phone, but kind of doubted it would of worked because of ex.

SD was upset at dad and he talked to her again tonight.  He wanted to talk to her about registration and let her know away from mom (ex either tries to listen in on the calls or grills SD about her calls) and SD had told dad that she was going to a friend's house to call back later tonight. He did and they discussed it.  She said she was sorry, that after the first time he had hung up with her, she had realized her dad wasn't at fault it was her mother lying to her AGAIN.  I am glad we have such a smart girl.  She has been realizing over the last few years how much mom has lied to her, she told daughter that dad hadn't bought her Christmas ticket  when they were supposed to drive to the airport.  SD had known about the ticket and when dad called he had reminded her we had had the ticket for 3 weeks.

Really wish since she knows how much mom lies to her that should would move here, but she has 2 younger siblings that she takes care of (not mom--her) so she said she has to stay.  She also said she can't wait to leave mom's state, she absolutely hates it there, and she is moving as soon as she graduates (and goes sky diving....she's a teenager and that's what she wants for graduation).  We'll help her out as much as we are able.  Counting down the years/months until she is 18.

Kitty C.

I  agree, that's a very smart girl you have there! How long before she turns 18?  And skydiving???  What an adventurous girl!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

awakenlynn

She turns 18 in 2011 a few months before she graduates.  I will make sure hubby has a way to get down there for both the 18th birthday for them to celebrate together and the graduation.

She is so swamped with homework that she is hard to reach even by text messaging.  It can be hard being able to talk to her everyday to once a week or every 2 weeks.  I think sometimes it is harder on me and DH than it is on her.

Lynn