Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 06:19:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Met with her lawyer today.

Started by Dadto4, Sep 01, 2009, 04:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dadto4

Well the meeting went ok. I showed up an hour early to talk to him (billed to her). Before we even started our conversation about a resolution statement he was commenting on how her family would not let her talk or make decisions. I was like yup. I told him what I wanted as far as custody was concerned and gave him a copy of my statement. He went on to tell me several things that her family wanted him to do but he said she would hardly say anything. Like them demanding him to supena my military medical records. When he asked if I had a place for the kids and I told him what I had, he asked what about her. I was thinking you are her lawyer you should know, but I told him what I was told but I could not verify. He immediately went to talking about mediation and not going to trial. He made the point that he doesn`t want to trial. Of course he asked a loaded question. She isn`t too bright is she? I replied that she is doing what her family is telling her to do. He responds I can see that. He said she is not thinking for herself or doing anything for herself. I made the comment that if she was him and I wouldn`t be having this conversation. He says I agree with you. So all in all she got billed for 45 minutes of his time for me being there and that she still had to show up and talk to him. So she will get billed for that time also. All told I have a 48 minute recording of our conversation. I only supplied information that I thaught was related to questions he asked. If he only knew what else there is.

Davy

... and your Ace in the hole is "  If he only knew what else there is ".  Great job !!

ocean

What did her lawyer say about getting the other kids as court ordered??? What was the purpose of this meeting? It was good that you didnt give him everything but be careful...he is using you to see what you got. You already have what you want in a form of a court order, you need him to tell his client to give you the kids or you will go to trial.

Dadto4

The court order is for the child I do have, not the 3 she has. That is what I am working on. The meeting is for us to see if we can "work" it out before it goes before the judge. The courts here make you do that. It is clearly obvious that he does not want to go before the judge now. The best part was that her family told them that we were never married so the divorce didn't count. I asked him if he wanted to see a copy of the marriage certificate, he said no thats ok and left it at that.