Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 02:17:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

wife part time alchoholic how do I get custody?

Started by jeepin00787, Aug 26, 2009, 11:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davy

Jeepin

You and your children will be best served, in the short and long term, if you pay attention to Kitty and her likes.  I've reread many of her post and agree word for word.

Believe me, the children are far more impacted in many ways than you or anyone else and their words or testimony will weight heavy.  IMHO, this mother's behavior is clearly emotionally and mentally abusive to the children especially at their ages.

Do not let this happen to the kids even if you and the kids  have to run-like-hell from the state of Floriduh (according to MOT).

Momfortwo

Quote from: Davy on Sep 01, 2009, 04:32:20 PM
Jeepin Believe me, the children are far more impacted in many ways than you or anyone else and their words or testimony will weight heavy.  IMHO, this mother's behavior is clearly emotionally and mentally abusive to the children especially at their ages.

Prove it.  Which is what he is going to have to do.  I'm not saying that you are wrong.  Having grown up with an alcoholic father, I know the damage that it does to children.  But knowing she's an alcoholic and PROVING it are two separate issues.  The judge is going to want the latter.  Just his say so isn't going to be enough. 

Quote from: Davy on Sep 01, 2009, 04:32:20 PM

Do not let this happen to the kids even if you and the kids  have to run-like-hell from the state of Floriduh (according to MOT).

That's one way of the father losing custody.  And I sincerely hope that he does not follow it.  Because he won't be able to protect the kids if he's the one with supervised visits.