Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:45:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mom is refusing visit because of transportation clause. HELP???????

Started by eagleeyefam, Aug 26, 2009, 08:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

I agree with MB......if this does go back to court, all they probably will be negotiating is transfer until child reaches required age to fly UAM.  After that, it will be a moot point.  Given the problems already, the BM is likely to balk at that, too.  But CA is pretty strong on UAM and has been for many years.  But if the BM refuses to allow the child to fly UAM, all her arguments for the current situation don't even hold water.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

snowrose

Quote from: MixedBag on Aug 30, 2009, 03:51:50 PM
Snowrose....sorry, I'm an advocate of flying and don't see a problem with it. 

That's why I recommended the OP do some research rather than taking my comments as gospel, MB.

I did do some research on my own since folks had a differing opinion, and I do find that studies show that infants don't have too many problems on a plane.

Davy

Thanks for clearing up this matter.  I've been worried sick knowing millions upon millions of infants have flown on airplanes for many many years !!

Kitty C.

Infants are easier to fly than toddlers and older, because you can put a bottle in their mouth for take-offs and landings, which is where most of the problems arise.  When I flew with DS when he was a month old, that is what I was instructed to do by his pediatrician.  It helps them keep their ears from building up pressure and popping.  I did it and he didn't say a peep, and we had 3 hops to make just one way......
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

mastracci

If it appears unresolvable, file for a modification right away to get the clock started, plus she will know you are serious. Then see if she will go back to mediation and look for a lawyer that knows how to draft enfocable terms. (yours stinks) BTW, based on one week a month, that is not joint physical custody either.  Since your son is only 2, you have a long way to go so go balls to the wall to get compliance ASAP otherwise you will get hosed for years to come. Maybe consider making concessions or paying more money to get her to drive more too. Get her to agree to getting something like that in the court order if possible.  See the chapter on transportaion in the book, Stop Fighting Over The Kids: Resolving Day-to-Day Custody Conflict in Divorce Situations. Best of luck. Mike