Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 03:24:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't know which way to go?

Started by cadencesmom, Nov 04, 2005, 12:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadencesmom

Hello everyone, your help is greatly appericated. I just had my first child 4 1/2 months ago, and have petitioned for sole custody and child support. Her father is an alcoholic, with 5 dwi's, no drivers license, no auto insurance (but drives anyway with his other daughter in the vehicle). How do you prove alcoholism. Can I write a parenting order to submit for approval?  He has one "other" daughter who he see's every other weekend, but pays no attention, or concern for my daughter. I registered for a paternity test (not court ordered) and got a letter of confirmation from the prominent DNA center  with a account number and dated 10 days after she was born. He has known about the DNA testing avaliable to him and stated he doesn't have the money.I set it up so we would not have to go to court and he can have the "proof" he wants, although it is totally outragous. He has filed a motion to dismiss my petition because he states he never had a paternity test. What does this all  mean?  How long will all this take, and how can I prevent my daughter in a unsafe enviroment (vehicle, I don't believe he would intentionally hurt her)? Also he is running a buisness without a license and I have reciepts can I use them? Since she has only seen him twice for a hour each time since she was born, will he get overnights right away, or will that be gradual? Any insightful information welcome!:(