Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:50:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Had a RMC today

Started by Dadto4, Sep 08, 2009, 04:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dadto4

Its a Resolution Management Conferance to see if we have agreed to anything.

Before we even get into court her lawyer ask for me to sign a HIPPA release. I said no. We get into the courtroom and her lawyer starts talking about our divorce and she was never served and didn`t know nothing about it. I told the judge that the respondant file for a motion to set aside the decree in Nov 01 and that motion was dismissed. Judge said ok your divorced. Then on the parternity he ask if I am the father she said yes. He goes thats settled. The he talkes about how he starts with joint 50/50 and asked if we have been seeing the children, I told him that she has talked to our daughter on the phone and has been texting her but I have not been able to talk or see our other children. I told him that I have offered to meet in a public place so the children can be together and see each parent and she refuses to cooperate. She or her lawyer doesn`t say a word. The judge told her that vistations needs to be made and don`t sway him from a 50/50. Her lawyer made her aligation of DV and the judge didnt budge and said that 80% of DV cases is false. They then asked for the HIPPA release and the judge said that if I had to sign one then she had to. He also said we had to go to Conseliation Servies. Her lawyer said that she is on limited funds and has no job. The judge said well she hired an attorney and we will discuss that later on, and that we were going to it. We got a temp hearing set for next month and a trial for Dec. All in all I didn`t say much, really didn`t have to, and basically got what I wanted. A temp hearing and a trial.

Kitty C.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!  Sounds like you've got a great judge there!  And it sounds like this judge is seeing right through your ex!  Good point.......'Her lawyer said that she is on limited funds and has no job. The judge said well she hired an attorney and we will discuss that later on, and that we were going to it.'  Finally, a judge using some common sense!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

snowrose

That's an awesome first step!  I really hope that you can continue on with this judge.  Sounds like he has his head on straight.

Dadto4

I was listening to the recording of it and was really laughing when her lawyer told the judge that we was cohabitating at the time of the divore. I got police reports to prove thats wrong. I mean she is lieing to the judge that who is going to decide who has custody, thats why I really don't have to say much.