Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 07:48:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mother withholding visitation

Started by hbcrunch1, Sep 18, 2009, 06:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbcrunch1

I'm a separated father in Northern VA and have been separated from my family now for 2 months. In that time, I have seen my kids only 1 hour. The mother has blocked visitation based on allegations of sexual misconduct. The allegations are baseless and carry no merit, but that is what she is using as justification to block me. My attorney has said that she is filing petitions in juvenile court to force a temprary order for visitation unless significant evidence is presented to the contrary. I'm torn up inside because I've only seen my kids an hour in the last 8 weeks since I left the house, and am living on my own in an apartment. I have never done, nor would I ever do anything to harm them or her, but all the same I don't want to force my presence on them due to family orders she could get to keep me away. My absence from them is doing only God knows what to them emotionally and mentally. Any thoughts?

Gestalt

You need to ask your attorney to file and get at least temp orders set up, as it stands now Mom is running the show and you are letting her.

hbcrunch1

Well said. My attorney is filing the petitions as we speak so that she gets hauled in to present whatever justification she has for denying my visitations. Since there wasn't anything that happened between my kids and I, she'll only have her claims and a police report that says that that there wasn't any psychological evidence of abuse, and a medical report from the hospital that says there wasn't any physical evidence.

MixedBag

Since the divorce process is just starting to get under way -- and even if you had an order in hand already -- sometimes your only choice is to go back to court to enforce or get time with the children.

Sounds like your attorney is doing this.....so you're headed in the right direction.