Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 11:41:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FERPA

Started by teacher98, Sep 26, 2009, 05:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

I'll try this again, as my last post got wiped out.........

Personally, if she is in a healthcare profession, she is either feigning stupidity (not a good thing, given the profession she's in)  or showing a blatant disregard for the law.  The 'HIP' in HIPAA stand for Health Information Privacy, and there is no 'E' in it for employment.

Anyone who is in healthcare has HIPAA drilled into their heads.  I've been in some aspect of healthcare (emergency services, medical, dental) for almost 30 years........we HAVE to know this or risk losing our jobs if we screw up and let something slip.  So for her to say that it includes her employment information is, IMO, a blatant refusal to cough up the information.

So if she is saying 'the Commissioner is not allowed to order her to give copies of her work schedule to DH', tell her to save her breath for the Commissioner.  There are ways to eliminate other employees information, so that's a lame excuse, too.  Ask the Commissioner or your atty. to subpoena the records, then she won't have anyone to argue with and will be held in contempt if she still refuses.

'I'm sure BM is simply looking for a reason NOT to give DH the information, and her boss apparently  provided her with one.'  Personally, I think she either purposely told her boss erroneous information or is just lying through her teeth and never talked to the boss at all.  Either that, or the boss told her they could provide it, but that wasn't the answer she wanted to hear.  Coniving people (like her) will always find a way to twist things around to their advantage, don't you know.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

chickenbubbasmom

Hi Kitty C.

Thanks for the info, we will be including her statements about HIPAA in the declaration we are getting ready to file for court on 11/12. Like you stated, let her tell it to the Commissioner.

In that case, it's very likely she made up the statement about her boss. Yes, she is very good at twisting things..