Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 11:42:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

father to child of married woman

Started by jo1957, Nov 30, 2005, 07:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jo1957

We are looking for information regarding my grandson. My son has lived with a woman for 3 years...they had a child 1 1/2 ago. They have now seperated. The woman is still married to her husband and has been for 13 years. She had one child with her husband, 1 with another man, 2 with another and this one with my son. She and my son both signed the birth certificate verifing his paternity. Ok...now what steps should be taken to protect my son's rights to his son? She is already talking about leaving the state. Is there anything my son can do? Anyone know?
We live in Indiana...and I have searched the internet for some sort of info concerning this situation with no luck. Any help or pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

CustodyIQ

He'll need to file a paternity action to get court orders on custody and a parenting plan.

The more time goes by, the more difficult it will be.

If your son wants to be involved with his child, he'll need temporary court orders ASAP that grant him custodial time.

Child support will also be assigned at the same time... he'll likely have to pay her child support, if she has the majority of the custodial timeshare.

Ideally, he will be able to afford an attorney.  Though it may cost a few thousand (ballpark) to retain one and go through the first court hearing or two, it will be done right, and it may save him much money and headache in the long run.

Good luck to him.

marnbuk

He can also request geographical restrictions in most states to keep the child close to him