Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 19, 2024, 01:12:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Safety for single parent

Started by Jordan, Nov 25, 2009, 12:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

After separation My  daughter has usually  communicating via email toher mother and  friends.

One day I checked her mail and found that one of her friendis sending her some war pictures and uncensored videos and clip images.

I can't keep my kid off the computer completely.

Please suggest me...

ocean

How old is child? On your parenting time you can limit her computer time and download a keylogger program to see what she is going on. If child is under 13 you can shut down myspace and facebook by putting in a complaint through the parent area. Other than that....mom has different parenting rules and you cant change that. You can teach child how to behave on the internet and safety skills. Unless this child is really young...the courts wont do anything about it.

snowrose

Depending on how computer savvy you and your daughter are, there should be a way to block her friend's emails and/or to refuse large files in email.  You could also include the friend's email address in a spam filter.  Or you could have that friend's emails put into a separate and possibly hidden folder.

Read the information on your specific email program to find out how to do all this.