Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:52:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Another Father Wins Custody

Started by marnbuk, Dec 02, 2005, 06:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marnbuk

BF wins custody. It was a long hard road but I did it. Dont give up!!!!

dontunderstand

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your child!!!  Many happy blessings!

Sunshine1

We need the details man!!  What happened?!? Congratulations!!

MYSONSDAD

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW...
AWESOME, Your son won!

Now fill us in on what happened.

marnbuk

BF of 6 year old girl won custody with supervised visits for BM. It has taken two years to get enough proof but I finally did it. 2 years ago this month CPS took BM children but gave them back and refused to go against her in court. Since then she has moved 12 times and my daughter had missed 11 days of school this year when I filed for custody and been tardy 8 days. My wife is a nurse and was adimate that the BM and boyfriend were on drugs. I called CPS numerous times (a joke) and they kept saying they didnt find anything. The final straw was the last home they were living in had no running water (I got the records from the utility company), raw sewage exposed sitting under house, a 1foot by 1 foot hole in the bathroom floor, and no plumbing worked (you can imagine where they were using the restroom). I found out the house had been condemed for 3 months and they were told to move but didnt. I again called CPS and they again said they found nothing. My wife told me step by step what to do. I filled a complaint with the main office of CPS, the attorney general, and the governor of Texas. Two days before my court date I was notified CPS did find abuse and neglect and BM and boyfriend failed drug screens. Then it was a matter of negotiating with CPS because they left the children in those conditions for 4 months after my first report. So I basically and politely said I sue CPS (and I have all the documents from CPS and the governor to prove they were neglectful in the investigation) or you go to court with me and help assure my daughter is out of that environment. They chose to go to court.
 CPS went to court and BM didnt think I knew anything that went on. She gave up 5 minutes before going before the judge. She also had not retained an attorney. Either way it was going to go in my favor. Her youngest childs BF also received custody of him last week. She really got off easy because had we gone before the judge they would have taken rights away she didnt know she had.
 I dont recommend pushing CPS like that unless you are positive you are right. They can come after you if it is proven to be malicious. If it werent for my wife knowing the state system and what to look for in junkies I would have never known what to do. Anyway BM has to jump through many hoops to get unsupervised visits and to get rid of CPS. These are temporary orders but I dont think any judge would take the chance to put the children back in that environment.

foughtandwon

congrats
i feel your pain bout CPS thats how i won custody the first time but it also took about 2 years. they gove the BM 100's of chances to prove her self. it wasnt until i went to iraq and back that the started to look at me. since then i have kept in close contact and will be using them in the future to try and get BM rights cut off.