Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 08:47:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

parenting time evaluation questionnaire

Started by asof2005, Oct 17, 2009, 12:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asof2005

My DH and BM both requested a motion for parenting time.  I think they both thought it would be a mediation, and if they couldn't agree, it would go in front of a ref or judge.  They're current schedule has been agreed upon verbally for over 4 years.  They both want it in writing now.

My question is, it is a full questionnaire, and then they will have an interview with an evaluator for what it says anywhere from 2-4 hours.  The questionnaire is kind of odd in my opinion.  While DH will have no trouble answering the questions about his relationship with the children and how things go in our home, how is he supposed to answer the questions about what is going on with the BM while they are with her?  It asks what her relationship with the children is and what her parenting style is.  Is he supposed to answer this based on how it was back when they were together, or is he supposed to just assume what it is currently?  I don't understand how this can be done honestly.  We both know that her parenting style changes upon who she is living with at the moment.  It goes from being super involved, to not caring unless they are going to court, from no rules at all, to unreasonable rules out of no where.  Is he supposed to put that down, or would that look like mud slinging?  And what of the relationship with the children.  She didn't participate in mostof their school events and only went to 3 of their combined 30 athletic games.  I mean, that is what we can actually witness, we dont know what goes on the home.

Ok, bottom line question is how to answer those questions about her?  If I could answer them myself, I would say she loves her kids, but doesn't care about them.  Her parenting style changes, yearly, monthly, daily....  I know that is unreasonable to put down....

ocean

Answer the best you can or leave it blank.. you can even write it depends on the circumstances...