Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:34:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

It is getting Close (Court)

Started by jakerr, Oct 20, 2009, 07:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakerr

First I want to thank everyone this board is a wealth of info. In two weeks we go to court right now I have temp custody and things are going well with me and my little girl. 
Have not heard a thing from my att and I guess I am getting a little frazzled. I did leave a message to call me . I have done everything plus anything that I can think of to help my case.

As far as I know I have seen nothing on the other side nor has she changed anything . Of course as it gets closer I find her trying to pull more and more out of her hat and with all my might I try not to listen.

Is ther any pointers anyone can give me to prepare. I am in knots over this and do not want to miss anything. I have done jounrals and kept records of everything. Great daycare/pre school .

How dose a person prepare. I am hoping for the best because I got temp custody to begin with. But I understand it could go the other way.

Thanks Jason

Davy

You might find comfort at show time if you become a "casual observer" a couple of times in the family court with your judge.  The more you put yourself in the environment the more at ease you might become.  Also You may learn something about jurispurdence (or the lack thereof).

snowrose

Document, document, document!  Any attacks, any attempts to disrupt visitation, any actions your ex takes that cause problems.

If you use it wisely, going to contact only through email is your friend.  Using email, you have documentation you can provide the court.  (Just make sure they don't show your worst side.)  You have the ability to take the time to answer things your ex says, so you can avoid getting into conflicts with her.  You have a greater ability to ignore attacks by your ex and just respond to actual questions regarding things like visitation, daycare, etc.

Other than that, sometimes you just have to sit on your hands and wait until the court date gets there.

You have temp custody, so that's on your side.  Courts don't like bouncing a child around.

MrCustodyCoach

snowrose has it.

Be well-organized.  Have 4 copies of pertinent documentation/exhibits ready to go.  Keep low-contact with the ex.  Make sure you are the picture of decorum and self-control, no matter what she throws at you.

Any communication you have with her should be relevant only to the children, be short and to the point, kind and courteous - even if what you got from her was a raging, expletive-laced tirade.

Having that stuff shows who is the problem.
Mr. Custody Coach - Win Child Custody "Better Prepared, Better Outcome"

*The opinions in this post are solely my own and do not represent the only way to address any particular issue.

eagleeyefam

AS I was typing my reply I realized that if the other party were to find this they would have an advantage. So I'm going to PM you my reply.

Sorry to anbody else that was lokoing for info about this as well. You can alwasy PM me for my response.