Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 11:19:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

OVER HERE HELP!!!!

Started by ONE OF A KIND, Dec 10, 2005, 02:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONE OF A KIND

MY SITUATION IS VERY COMPLEX ESPECIALLY BEACUASE OF THE AMOUNT OF TIME I HAVE. I AM A FATHER OF A 2 YEAR OLD ON DEC. 15.
I LEFT ACTIVE DUTY AUGUST OF THIS YEAR AND NOW I AM IN THE RESERVES. I AM UNEMPLOYED BECAUSE I AM SUPPOSE TO GO TO SCHOOL TO LEARN MY NEW JOB, BUT NOT SURE WHEN EXACTLY. I HAVE HAD MY SON IN MY GUARDIANSHIP SINCE OCTOBER 8. THATS WAS THE DAY HIS MOM WENT TO SCHOOL AND IS NOW MOVING TO GEORGIA. SHE IS STILL ACTIVE DUTY. I FEEL SHE IS NOT FIT TO HAVE SOLE CUSTODY OF MY SON BECUASE OF MANY DIFFERENT REASONS.  SHE IS SUPPOSE TO PICKING HIM UP ON THE 16TH, BUT I'M READY TO PUT A STOP TO THAT. I FEEL THAT IF I DON'T ACT NOW THAT I WILL NEVER HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE CUSTODY OF HIM WITH THE STRENTGH THAT I HAVE NOW. BUT I HAVE TO DO THIS ASAP BEFORE SHE COMES THIS WEEKEND. WHAT DO I DO?

twalk1216

hello there.....

I understand your concern, I myself was in the military for 13 years(army) I fought for custody many times, but kept losing for the simple fact that I was single(at the time) and in the military. The possibilities of deployment, training/field etc., were always the force used against me. I had to make a decision to either suffer through the remaining 7 years without my kids or get out and find a job with time enough to enjoy my children...you see my kids are older 13,11. so now they can tell the judge who they prefer. but in your case, talk to an attorney and ask him about that. (stabilization is crucial in the decision). Good luck in all your endeavors.
tw1216