Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:58:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hijacking Posts

Started by gemini3, Oct 28, 2009, 11:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemini3

I have noticed as of late that there seem to be a few people posting on the boards that are kind of anti everything that SPARC stands for.  It seems like they are successfully hijacking the posts of people who are coming here with legitimate questions and needs, which prevents the OP from getting answers. 

Here's how it works - they reply to a post with some outlandish, offensive, inflammatory statement and then it's off to the races.  Next thing you know a whole bunch of people are involved in a debate with someone who is obviously beyond the reach of logic and rationality, and the post has been successfully hijacked.

I've been responding to a lot of ridiculousness lately, and it just dawned on me what was happening.  So, I want to suggest that we not allow this to happen.  Let's keep our responses aimed at the OP, and move debates to another thread.  I promise from now on to keep a leash on myself and not take the bait either. 

oneaddress

Kitty C.

Well said, gemini.........

And I am just as guilty and get sucked into the diatribe as well.  I would also suggest that if there are those of us who don't 'get it' right away, whomever sees it for what it really is (someone being argumentative for the sake of it) should post a suggestion of taking it to this forum (Open Discussion).  That would be everyone's cue and that's what this forum was designed for in the first place.

Hopefully just moving the discussion can take the wind out of some sails.........especially if the wind isn't blowing!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

CuriousMom

Agree with Kitty and Gemini.   Glad it was brought up

MrCustodyCoach

I think it's important that we recognize the difference between a troll and a normal "tangent" discussion that may take place as a result of the path the original discussion takes.

Sometimes a lot can be learned from such a tangent.  And of course, one can always create a "spinoff" thread to further discuss any tangent, relevant or "trollicious."  ;)
Mr. Custody Coach - Win Child Custody "Better Prepared, Better Outcome"

*The opinions in this post are solely my own and do not represent the only way to address any particular issue.

Kitty C.

'Trollicious'............Love it! 
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Davy

I also adamantly and fully agree with Gemini3 and Kitty. 

So much so that I think Kitty just hijacked this thread. he hah !

Kitty C.

Ha ha...........very funny, Davy!   

FLMom

I've seen it too. I've been around for a while but just don't log in. It's defeating to be going through the law crud then have to try to deal with someone who has obviously just come in to project their own issues onto yours. I'm getting back into the swing of things here, and I'm just going to choose to ignore those that provoke.

Maybe we could call it a "Mistoffoles complex"? Not a troll, but someone who makes you think like the other household might. In a roundabout way it kind of helps you prepare for the next court hearing, lol.