Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:19:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Visitation and Deployment

Started by rolo2302, Nov 04, 2009, 06:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

EX#3's EX was the same way -- and it didn't go too well for her in OH.

She fled to NV.....

"She just doesn't want to and doesn't think it's necessary" -- is more like it.

Just keep after what's right and best for your child.

MomofTwo

MB is right...depending on the judge, they may reschedule, allow her attorney to only be present, allow her to attend telephonically, or issue a default response.  Honestly, don't get real excited about this, it's usually just a slap on the wrist for contempt, possibly make up time (and that is wholly dependent on the judge as well) and maybe a more defined method of communication while you are deployed.  It's a baby step.

rolo2302

She was the same with the telephone calls when I would call her and she would have to return my calls. I didn't keep track of those because I was leaving soon and didn't find it necessary at the time. So it's not just one thing it's a lot of different things that are just irritating me and just wish I could switch up and have the custody because I know I am more responsible and would be willing to cooperate a lot more.

NYParent

As MB stated, my experience has been that BM hasn't shown up to two court hearings.  Both times the hearing has been rescheduled.  On the second no show the judge said that he would personally be ordering BM to be on the third hearing with an attorney (she did not give me a summons).  I'll let you know what happens if she doesn't show up the third time.

Good luck.  I know how hard it is not being able to speak to your children (I am going through that now, it seems to be my punishment for not giving into her demands), although I imagine that it must be much worst while in deployment.

rolo2302

NYParent I sent you a private message asking you a few things.

NYParent

rolo2302

I appreciate everybody that gave me advice through all this. Thank you very much I will keep everybody updated once I get back and start everything.