Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:57:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Parental Alienation Documentary to air Nov 7th

Started by gemini3, Nov 06, 2009, 03:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemini3

From the PAAO (Parental Alienation Awareness Organization) newsletter:

W5, Parental Alienation Documentary!!
W5 on CTV, has been working on a full hour PA documentary for several months. Pamela Richardson is highlighted as well as a father and a daughter who was alienated from before birth, now renuited. This episode will air in North America this Saturday November 7, 2009 at 7pm.

http://www.ctv.ca/w5/ (http://www.ctv.ca/w5/)

The W5 segment will be archived after it airs at the above link.

Kitty C.

Gemini, do you know if CTV is on satellite?  We've got DirecTV...I'll have to look through the listings and see if it's there......
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

gemini3

Sorry, I don't know.  We don't get it where I am, so I will just have to wait for the download.  I am really interested in watching it! 

mediahound

CTV has it up on their website. I tried to post the link but could not. :P

Kitty C.

Wow.....................

I just now watched it on the website............at the very end of the second video, it is mentioned that the two women who started the 'divorce camp' in Vermont hope to have it offered across the country eventually.  Wouldn't it be great if it became a requirement before finalizing a custody agreement?

Listening to the kids was just heartwrenching, especially the teenage girl.  You could tell that it just broke her heart....
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

gemini3

I think it would be great if all parents had that available.  The only issue I see is that many alienators suffer from some sort of personality disorder.  I would imagine that, in those cases, a "divorce camp" situation might actually exacerbate the problems rather than fix them.  I would think that treatment for the PD would be necessary before something like that would be effective.

It was heart-wrenching to hear about the Dash.  That should tell people how damaging alienating behavior is to children.  Dash was an extreme case - with an extreme ending.  But even if the alienation isn't at that level it is extremely damaging.

I saw my step-daughter in those kids at the end.  My step-daughter said to me recently "It's ok (Gemini3).  I think my mom just says that stuff because she wants us to like it better at her house."  From the mouth of a 9 yo.  They see what's going on, but as children they are powerless to stop it.  It's up to the rest of us to make that happen.