Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 07:13:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mediation- how to prepare

Started by JadedMom, Nov 06, 2009, 03:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JadedMom

Judge ordered mediation for me and the X. We are unable to come to any agreement regarding my parenting time w/ dau. I now have a temp. order from Judge which gives me a 3hr visit during the week and EOWE. My attorney proposed that I be given more time, as the X works long shifts 3-4days/week. I do not believe Right of First refusal is recognized in my state.
X has history of being very unreasonable and do not expect that mediation will work. I am certain that the session will turn into a nightmare.

How can I prepare for mediation? Should I bring copies of his text messages/emails he has sent to me? The messages he has sent are rude, insulting and clearly show his lack of willingness to co-parent our dau. w/ me. Any other documentation I should bring?
Also, what can I expect to happen when the mediation is done and there is no sort of agreement?
I do not want his lack of cooperation to affect my ability to have more parenting time w/ our dau.  I understand how important it is to do what is best for our dau., but I have the opinion that his lack of flexibility will make the Judge think that more time w/ me would expose our dau. to more conflict. (Dau. has told me that she is usually questioned thoroughly following each parenting time w/ me.) X also frequently puts dau. in the middle of things by sending messages/comments to me through her.
Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated!