Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 12:21:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

does it matter

Started by newohio, Nov 12, 2009, 12:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newohio

ex has a lot of sociopathic tendencies

lies lies lies  (even if something is on paper, in black & white, ex will still lie about it)
justifies/excuses
manipulating
and plays the pity party-poor me game to a "T"

however, ex has never been violent

so,  would it matter in a custody case?

i know i will never get the truth on anything, where my child has been, with whom, or how they may have gotten a bump or bruise.  i will never get the whole honest truth!

i am quite certain that the ex will teach my child to lie (or just not tell)

so in a custody case, would the judge care?  would it be worth the time, effort, & money to involve a psycholgist?   

any ideas, thoughts, or opinions greatly appreciated

thank you

ocean

What are you trying to get accomplished?
You wont terminate his rights for that. You may be able to get counseling ordered through the courts but not sure what you are trying to do...
Unless the child injures himself, your ex does not have to report anything to you. I am sure you dont give him blow by blow of what happens on your time. Ignore your ex as much as possible and stick to the court order so there is no confusion on when the child goes to him.

snowrose

Would the ex's tendencies matter in a custody case?  Not unless you can prove that he's either dangerous to himself or the children, or you can prove that he is or has been under treatment for a condition that could cause him to harm himself or the children.

newohio

i'm trying to protect my child - emotionally & mentally

thanks for your replies

snowrose

Quote from: newohio on Nov 13, 2009, 11:21:22 AM
i'm trying to protect my child - emotionally & mentally

thanks for your replies

Newohio, believe me, many of us have been there and/or are currently there.  I know I am.  That doesn't change the fact that there are only certain things that will be accepted as reasons for changes in custody.

Document anything unusual.  There are times where they can add up and make a difference.  But for now, you don't have enough to go on to make changes.  Sorry.  :(