Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:41:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Termination of Parental Rights

Started by DadsCrushed, Nov 27, 2009, 10:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadsCrushed

Ex has full physical and legal custody, and for the 4th time she is making a Motion that I have molested / harmed the children.  Prior allegations have been thrown out by the Court. Now, children's shrink is involved and is to testify that I should have rights terminated; I can't wait to see on what grounds.

Has anybody been challenged for termination of rights based on a shrink? Does the Court look at the number of prior accusations before considering the new charges? I'm concerned because children are suggestible and I have been noticing a difference in them.

Giggles

Typically, the only time the parental rights are terminated is if there is a Step willing to adopt.

I do hope you've been documenting everything...it sounds as if there is a lot of PAS (Parental Alienation Syndrome) going on.  Have you ever requested a Psych eval on your X? 

Do you have an attorney?  If so, then they should be aggressively going after her for continued harrassment by court.  To have 4 cases thrown out for the same thing...that's serious red flags.
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

DadsCrushed

I do have an attorney, and the saving grace this time is we are going back to a judge that read her the riot act last time. My concern is she now has others doing her bidding. I hear horror stories how it can be suggested by shrinks that a parent is hurting you, and the next thing I'm in the slammer.

We do have a forensic evaluation on her. She is mentally ill (bi-polar, narcissitc, histrionic, OCD) but got custody; can't figure that one out.

reshawn

I made accusations aganist my daughters father for 4 years!  The courts kept throwing it out until finally the judge said I'm putting a stop to this mess and ordering a home evaluation on everyone!  That shed light on my case big time and I got the verdict I had been seeking for some time...

In your case though maybe it can help to prove that you are not doing anything, so if I were you I would suggest a home evaluation, and ask for a custody determination or ruling to be postponed until the evaluation can be conducted...

The evalutor meets with significant figures in the kids life as well as your interaction and the spouses interaction and they come to an opinion...
Worth a shot

Giggles

Quote from: DadsCrushed on Nov 27, 2009, 11:23:34 AM
I do have an attorney, and the saving grace this time is we are going back to a judge that read her the riot act last time. My concern is she now has others doing her bidding. I hear horror stories how it can be suggested by shrinks that a parent is hurting you, and the next thing I'm in the slammer.

We do have a forensic evaluation on her. She is mentally ill (bi-polar, narcissitc, histrionic, OCD) but got custody; can't figure that one out.

I know there is proven facts where young children can be led to have false memories of abuse planted by shrinks...dig that up.  Also, you need to look into getting the shrink records on the children.

You need to push to get custody.
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

Kitty C.

I would also recommend getting a psych eval on yourself, preferably with someone who specializes in treating sexual molesters.  Not to say that you have, but to prove that you aren't..........and have that professional testify in court on their findings.  Get everything you can to back up your position that you are NOT what she says you are.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

gemini3

Have you had any contact with the psychologist? 

I ask because we had a very similar issue.  The ex was taking SD1 to a counselor who she told that child was molested.  Counselor then treated the child as though she had been molested with no evidence what-so-ever.  Long story short, we went after the counselor and, not only did she fail to appear in court, she eventually got her license suspended.

I would bet a million that, if you had a look at the therapy notes, you would see that the therapist had been told by the mother up front.  That means she (or he) did not do an objective analysis of the situation.

It is not unusual for a poorly trained psychologist to become manipulated by an alienating parent.  Ever heard the saying "When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail?"  Well, alienating parents will often seek out therapists who specialize in treating victims of sexual abuse, then present the child and tell the therapist that the child was molested.  The therapist never even questions it, or considers that the child may be a victim of alienation.