Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 19, 2024, 02:33:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Can I move again?

Started by reshawn, Nov 16, 2009, 04:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

No -- She has TWO separate problems or challenges to face.

1.  Family Court

2.  Military requirements to enlist.

And the military will cause her to move -- which means she has to get family court's permission to do this.

And the military will cause her to be temporarily separated from her ENTIRE family -- to include the child where the father will be a long distance away to one of her children.  That's a family court issue.

Davy

No ... she can move to parts unknown if she wishes to enlist in the military but it's not the military objective to become some giant daycare center for adults.  Waivers must be obtained.

The military has no desire to cause a child to be removed from a parent and placed with a Stay-at-home facilitator in some far away  "parts unknown".  That's really pushing PC and tells me those that use that language has no respect for the entire military apparastus and what they do.

reshawn

Ok MB and Davy I see what both of you are saying....

The military says that I am married so a family care plan is not needed.  In the military's eyes my husband maintains custody of the children, which means he'll be the "care plan".  Now that doesn't mean that they are telling me he "has" custody of the child that is not mines, it is up to me to figure that out and they frankly could care less as long as it doesn't effect my mission.

Davy my waivers have all been signed off on... Just waiting for my date to swear in now :)

In filling out the modification paperwork do I say that I want my husband to be the facilitator?  (I see there seems to be an uproar about that word but that is what the paralegal told me in family court)

My second situation didn't get to many answers so I'll ask again in this way...  My husband wants to go to Florida while I'm in basic and AIT because his mom is there, he'll have a support system and help with the kids (since there are five in all)...  Can I ask the courts to allow me to move to Florida to get the family settled and then ship for basic?

MixedBag

I'm glad you understand.

I think that you should ask the court for permission to move in accordance with your future military career -- leave the location and distance and stuff wide open....so you don't have to ask the court to MOVE every time the military moves you.

I think that you should assure the court and father that your husband will abide by all parenting plans and parenting times even in your short term absences as they occur in your upcoming military career.

I would contemplate -- due to dad's history and how truly comfortable you would be -- in offering dad additional time with the child if you are absent during school holidays and breaks.  Maybe consider increasing time as trips are successful????

I also think that while you are at it, you need to ask DAD and the court for permission to obtain a passport in the event you receive an assignment overseas where you can take your family.