Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 04:09:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Just had to pass this on....brought tears to my eyes....

Started by Kitty C., Nov 18, 2009, 08:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

KCRG-TV9 | Cedar Rapids, Iowa Iowa City Boy Writes Book To Remember His Late Father
Originally printed at http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/70408012.html
Logan Trumbull has a big Thursday planned. Time for a final read-through...
"The cancer makes Dad too tired to go upstairs," Logan said as he ready through his book, "Logan's Story."
In October 2007, Logan was weeks from turning eight. He spent months watching his father, Ray Trumbull, get weaker with late stage gastrointestinal cancer.
Playing flag football was an escape but, when the news came, one practice was cut short.
"Mom speaks softly that Dad died peacefully," Logan said from the book. "We all hug for a long time, especially me."
Logan's Story is a book about his experience: from seeing his father get sick, his death, and all the repressed feelings a seven-year-old had at the time.
Logan will read the book to his class on Thursday.
"When you have a 7-year-old, they don't really know how to communicate their feelings," said his mother, Deanna Trumbull.
But Logan has done exactly that, in words and even in his original drawings. Logan's early sketchings are on the inside cover, both back and front.
Add in a neighbor and illustrator to take Logan's words to a wider audience.
"This story itself was so sad but here was this adorable kid. Let's focus on football," said illustrator Mary Moye-Rowley.
That's what the end product is. A story told through the eyes of a child. Years from now, when Logan is a man -- he will always have these words...and thoughts... Of his dad.
"One day we will be happy again. I think football will always remind me of Dad."
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......