Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 19, 2024, 04:43:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

visitation agreements

Started by momofone, Nov 22, 2009, 01:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

momofone

I need advise, I am going through a divorce and we have a temporary custody aggreement and we both have first right of refusal when keeping my son.  I have since found out that my husband is leaving my son with several people and not giving me first right of refusal.  Has anyone been through this and can give me some advise.  I want the arrangement followed,  I don't like knowing I am at work and he is dropping him off with whom ever.

Davy

Mom, I believe there exists a thorough write-up in the articles section on this site.

I think and hope it will be helpful.

Kitty C.

It all depends on the actual terms of the ROFR in your order.  You stated 'I don't like knowing I am at work and he is dropping him off with whom ever....'  If the terms of the order state that ROFR only kicks in when one parent is working and the other isn't (in this case father was working and you weren't), then it would.  But since you stated that you were working, it probably wouldn't.  Some ROFR orders also don't kick in unless the parent with the child won't be available for a certain number of hours.  So like I said, it all depends on the details of your order.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......