Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 01:40:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mediation- how do I deal with an alienating parent?

Started by JadedMom, Nov 25, 2009, 12:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JadedMom

The X has been given custody- I had legal custody of DD for past 7 yrs.  Judge has only given me the basic parenting time per our state (Ne.) w/ phone parenting time 2x per wk. , 30mins each eve. (Try to keep a 9yr. old on the phone for 30 mins.- she just doesn't do that) Hannah Montanna distracts her every time!!
The judge refuses to modify the parenting time until we go to mediation- ever try to reason w/ an unreasonable person?  Well, on this site- you all know what I'm saying.
What can I bring to mediation, as far as documentation- etc... to show how unreasonable the X has been.  (I have many nasty text messages, e-mails, etc... to show the X's behavior).
I am trying my very best to try and keep DD out of the middle of the issues between me and the X, but it becomes very difficult as the X involves DD in almost all of our texts/messages back and forth between each other.  DD told me tonight during evening meal that the X told her I could not take her out of the city limits for the holiday- "it's against the law".  (I am taking her 30 mins. outside of our city limits to spend the holiday at a riverside cabin with our extended family).  Nowhere in the temp. order does it state that I cannot take her outside our city (nor our state, for that matter) during my parenting time.
X also texted me last week, stating that I could not contact DD via phone more than once per week, as X was, "getting sick of you sending text messages every night asking DD to call you."  Judges temp order stated differently.
X also owes me over $1100 in unreimbursed daycare expenses as per our previous court order- which were never paid.  The list goes on and on..
Some advice for mediation would be greatly appreciated......... kinda losing my mind here.
Thank you in advance-  JadedMom

ocean

Just be organized and have everything ready. As things come up in negotiations you can pull from your file. This is not a trial...so more like:

daycare costs: she owes me XXX, here are the court orders and receipts

Phone calls: current order states I get phone call xxx but here is a text stating she doesnt want me calling....  I would like it to say "father may call child 3 times a week at 7pm for up to 30 minutes, plus all holidays and our birthdays listed in agreement 7pm too....if child is not home or busy , child will call back within an hour" This way the child gets to talk to both parents throughout the week. This will be reversed on extended time when i have child.

Visits- I use to have XXX, just gave temp orders of XXX, this is what would be good for child...xxxx. VERY VERY specific....and you can say, we need it to be very specific due to many issues in the past so there is no confusion on when child will be with which parent.