Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:53:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

what can be done when

Started by billievaughters, Dec 01, 2009, 01:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billievaughters

a mother constitently interfers with the fathers time. for instance when i had my children saturday nite at an event for my daughter  her mother came over and took over my children. when i told her to give them back she refused so i had to call the police. what can i file on her?

ocean

Did you get a police report?
It is hard for events in the community but you can have something added to your orders stating "both parents are encouraged to see children in all activities but the parent that has visitation rights at the time will take care of the child and not interfere or speak to other parent.

If she threatened your or spouse you can use the police report for a restraining order and then she will not be allowed near YOU. Worked out great for us...she was allowed to come over to kids and say hello but then had to walk away. RO only last a certain amount of time though unless she breaks the order.

MixedBag

So I take it the time the children were not finished with their parenting time with Dad when Mom took them back?

File and ask the court for make up time.

Sometimes you have no choice.

billievaughters

Quote from: MixedBag on Dec 02, 2009, 05:43:30 AM
So I take it the time the children were not finished with their parenting time with Dad when Mom took them back?

File and ask the court for make up time.

Sometimes you have no choice.

yes the children were due back sunday.

billievaughters

and she got pointed her finger in my wifes face and said shut the f up to her, when my wife said nothing to her.

ocean

File contempt that mom did not allow visitation and ask for make-up time and lawyer fees. Ask for more specific wording that she will not speak to you at public events...
You wife can file on her...a restraining order...take the police report and have her file. This will keep her away from her (and you if you are standing there). Bring a tape recorder (some phones do it too) and record if she comes near you. Tape all future pick-up and drop offs with a video camera. Comes in handy to show courts and therapists...

billievaughters

is a restraining order the same as a peace order?

ocean

Might be...restraining order...order of protection ...those are what it is called here. If the person comes near you it is CRIMINAL charges they face. You take the police report and go to your local criminal court and see if they will give you a RO. If the person harassed you and the police made a report to charge her, the DA will get you the RO.

You can also get one in family court if it is a family member...but then family court deals with it if they break the order. The criminal one is better because the district attorney deals with it for you.

MixedBag

and go to radio shack and buy a mini-recorder that uses those mini-tapes, and carry it in your pocket at future public events.

you get the idea.

MrCustodyCoach

Spend the money on a digital recorder with plenty of memory.  Something that makes it very quick and easy to download to a PC.
Mr. Custody Coach - Win Child Custody "Better Prepared, Better Outcome"

*The opinions in this post are solely my own and do not represent the only way to address any particular issue.