Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:49:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What should the letter say?

Started by reshawn, Dec 06, 2009, 08:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reshawn

So my parenting plan says "If either the Father or Mother should decide to move from his or her present resident such that this Parenting Plan could no longer be followed as written, the parent who is planning such a move will inform the other parent at least 30 days prior to the mogve and will work with the other parent to recise the Parenting Plan either directly or through Mediation, as appropriate"

So I'm moving to Florida (we currently live in Maryland) and want to provide him with his 30 days notice.  What should the letter say? 

ocean

Do you have the kids now?
You need to send him a certified letter stating your intentions to move....and maybe give a parenting plan to see if he will even discuss it. That is a far move. You would be the one to pay for travel costs since you are moving. He should get most of their school breaks and most of the summer. Look at the new school and see what breaks they get and offer him those PLUS anytime he is in Fla with 7 days notice you will have kids available.

Be prepared NOT to move with the kids though....He can file in court to stop the move until a trial is set. MANY places are not allowing the move unless you can prove it is in the best interest to move kids away from father (if he has been getting visitation). They will tell you that YOU can move but the children will stay in Maryland with him.

Have you discussed the move with him at all? How old are the kids and do they want to move? Where is your family and his family? You are asking the courts to move the children from their dad, family, school, friends, activities... if he fights it you will be in maryland for the next few months if not longer....

Davy

Has your parenting plan even been approved by the court or the other parent ?  If not, you may want to seek those approvals before seeking approval to an unnecessary long distant relocation... especially if there is a history of attempts to alienate or disenfranchise the other parent.

reshawn

The plan has been accepted by the courts and the other parent, we came up with it together.

The child is 8.  There aren't any family members or friends that we deal with here, we have a pretty screwed up family.

She wants to be where ever we (my husband and her siblings are), she could care less about her dad not being there honestly because she stays with her grandmother during his visitation, he's always to busy for her.

He doesn't even pay child support, I dropped his order so why would I pay for transportation?