Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:47:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Interesting suprise with CPS report

Started by superdad01, Dec 06, 2009, 03:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superdad01

Some of you may recall my run-in with cps. I posted about it on here. Basically I had my sis and her 2 kids living with me. While kids were playing and dancing around my sister's 6 year old grazed my daughter's private. She told her mom and called cops and cps. Cps did investigate and found that nothing should come of it because it did not rise to a case of abuse or neglect. Action plan in place, and better supervision etc.

Now I found out that there was another instance this year in March (which I was not even informed of) involving her mother's sisters 8 year old child.  Apparently they were playing house and were touching and kissing each other in private places.

Once again Cps said that it did not rise to the level of abuse or neglect and because mom put an action plan in place they were dropping the investigation.

First and formost I am very upset about not being informed of this situation happening.  Number 2. it seems cps made more of an effort comming after me for something no where near as serious as what happened in the other situation.

Also we will be going to court again soon for parenting time and childsupport. I assume that mother would bring up the fact that something happened at my house, and ignoring what happened on her watch... How should I play this situation? Odviously her goal would be to make me look unfit etc.

My sis and her kids have since moved out of state so that is not an issue.

ocean

Do you have the closed case report for you? I would have that ready in court and if she brings it up, state the case is closed and was unfounded. Period. If you have a lawyer have them squash it before it is even brought up.

superdad01

Yes I have the report.... That's how I found out about the other situation.

The incident at my house happened in 2007. I figured I better get the report before we headed to court. Then the latest incident happened in March of this year. I have known that her mom and sister had a big argument but I had no idea what it was about... Now I do.

I figure we will be refered to the FOC for an evaluation. I was not sure if I should just bring it up while I am being interviewed because I assume she will. I'm not even sure I want to ask her mom about it and why I was not informed of the situation when it happened.

I will be having a meeting wit my lawyer before we head to court.  How can I address it so it get's squashed before it's even brought up?

ocean

You lawyer will object as soon as she starts to say anything and say it is a non issue as the case has been closed and unfounded. I would not address it with anyone unless it comes up or say something like there have been one case of cps call and it has been dropped and move on. Your lawyer may give them the closed letter so it is in evidence or in file.

superdad01

So do you think it would be a good idea to bring it up with the mother? If she knows I know about it she could be less likely to bring it up against me.

Also I just went down and got the official police report. I am quite shocked that the CPS dropped the investigation.