Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:56:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

EX- Girlfriend called me

Started by josh1688, Dec 08, 2009, 06:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josh1688

I consulted therapists and psychologist while we where together. All but one suggested I leave her due to her mental problems. A psychologist told me that just that one condition (schezo) is the AIDS of mental disorders, ontop of the rest.
The one that didn't wanted us to come in and attempt to treat her. She has told me her medications do not work and either sells them or uses them to get high or try to kill herself as she did once with me.
Before we could go she attacked me and that never happened.

And yes she is medically diagnosed: Paranoid Schezophrianc, Maniac depressive, OCD, DID, Pathological Lair.

Thanks I plan on having experts now, to come in and tesitfy on her mental conditons.
I also have text messages of her voices talking to me. They said, " I make her weak and vunerable, they will not allow me to do this" and many other things. I actually used those texts to support the stalking charges and will use them in this case if I can.
I plan on consulting a lawyer soon baby is due april.

MomofTwo

What do you mean you consulted psychologists and therapist about her ?  Was she present? Was she fully evaluated by any of these professionals who gave you this advice?  Was she evaluated by a  psychiatrist?  If she was not fully evaluated by the therapist and psychologist, their professional opinions will mean nothing and if they did evaluate her and then told you what their findings were, they were in severe breach of confidentiality.  I find it very difficult to believe you got all of these opinions regarding her without her being evaluated, and being a former healthcare professional, I find it very difficult that any professional would say schizophrenia is the AIDS Of mental health disorders. AIDS is a treatable disease these days and so is mental illness. It's not her fault she is ill, and that's what she is - it is an illness. Again, her being diagnosed with those illnesses may be a factor for custody, but not unless she has posed a threat to her children with her illnesses, it may or may not have a bearing. Just be ready for that.   

josh1688

Now she just threatened me that If I don't sign over full rights to the baby, she will abort it.

She is insane, out of touch of reality and now threatening our daughters life with "Termination of Pregnancy". Thankfully my parents didn;t abort me. As I am sure everyone here can agree on. I am not sure if she can legally get on this late in florida.

I am very upset, my friend had told me to call DCF becuase she is usuing a 23 week old baby to blackmail me. Then call the cops for her violating her no contact with me.

This situation sucks, now I have to worry about our daughter's life.. I was tempted to do it for our daughters sake, but then realized I don't have any rights until confrimation of paternity.

So that is moot, I think she means to sign a letter so she can use againts me if I ever try to gain custudy, whcih is my plan.

mdegol

Horrible situation.

Sounds like diagnosis is well-documented.  You need to balance the baby's safety with not forcing the situation so that mother harms herself or baby.  In other words, I would not broadcast the plan until you are able to implement it.  Actually, trying to work things out, so that you are there everyday, gives you the most power, but I don't see how you could stay in that situation very long.  You call it "hell", and I would imagine it could be worse than that.  When the time comes, you should be asking for full-custody.  Consult a lawyer to strategize your options.  It would be very nice if a paternity test could be swabbed at birth and the results be confirmed prior to the baby going home from the hospital.  She sounds very unbalanced and I would be frightened for her to care for the baby by herself.  You could(should) make her have supervised visits and standards regarding medication being properly adhered to.  As far as her threatening abortion, there are only a couple of places in the country that do abortions that late.  You won't be able to stop it, because "health of mother" is a reason, and her mental history would have many agreeing that it is not best for mother's health to have a baby.  Is she the type to go through hell and high water to try to get that done?  Or do you think it is just a threat?  If she harms herself to abort baby, I am not sure what you can do about that, except try to have her committed (can't do that based on her "harming" baby, since baby isn't born yet, but she would be harming herself in the process).  That is very tough, especially since you are not a family member.  What are her family's feelings on the situation, and would they back you up?  They have a bit more power regarding a mentally ill adult who is off meds and threatening harm to herself.  And her mother could file for custody upon birth, considering her mental status and threats.  That would be where the "strategy" comes into play.  Pushed too hard though, sounds like this mother will harm herself to get out of the situation.  The threat of losing her child, mental illness or not, is what is scaring the hell out of her and why she wants you to terminate your rights.  In the meantime, find out if your state is a one-party state or a  two-party state.  If it is a one party state, start recording these conversations.

ocean

You have a current order of protection in place now? File against her...(need proof, phone records, texts, emails) Then go to the local court that gave you order and ask for email access only to get info on baby (she would only be able to email you...great proof later).

She has custody of the other kids so getting custody from hospital will be next to impossible. Something would need to happen for the other kids to be taken away before cps will take the baby away. She is taking care of the other children and that will show the courts she can do it. The courts are concerned about if the kids eat, own bed, get to school on time, go to dr when needed. You would need to prove abuse...not just say I see her hit the other kids. Proving it you would need police reports, hospital records, being taken away, past cps reports, school incidents with other kids.

For now string her along so she gets further into the pregnancy and have her charged with violating the order of protection. That will be legal trouble for her and may help your case but you need a way to communicate with her (email or text?) for the baby only.

Kitty C.

This is just my opinion, but here goes:

I think your least concern is the violation of the no contact order.  With her mental history, do NOT take her threat to abort lightly!  If you have this threat in writing, RUN....don't walk.....to your nearest law enforcement agnecy and DHS/CPS and report it.  Take everything you have n documentation to back up your statements, including everything you have regarding her past mental history.  Right now, the life of that child is in danger and everything else is a moot point if she follows through on her threat.  And yes, she can abort.........there are places where they do late term abortions.  You don't say what state you're in, but if she's that crazy, she may not find an 'authorized facility' to take care of it, but take matters into her own hands, if you know what I mean.  You canNOT think logically about this, because she is obviously incapable of thinking logically about it.  If she could, she would never make that threat.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

ocean

Kitty- I agree with you but so far women can abort if they want to without the father's permission. Not sure if cps will entertain the threat...

Kitty C.

I realize that, but I'm basing my response on the mother's mental state.  For all we know, if she chooses to go through with it, she just might decide to do it herself.......and that makes her not only a threat to the unborn child but a threat to herself as well.  Given that it could be a late term abortion, and depending on where she lives, she may have to go a long distance and pay a lot of money to do it in a medically safe manner.  One never knows what goes on in the mind of someone who is mentally unstable and she could very easily justify in her own mind doing harm to herself just to meet the end she desires.  Thus, if the OP can prove that she is unstable and a possible threat to herself and the unborn child, garnering the safety of the mother gives the possibility of the unborn child a greater chance of surviving.

Once the survival of the child is certain, then the OP will possibly have a case for paternity and custody.  Without the survival of the child, everything else is a moot point......
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......