Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:14:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

H1N1 vaccination custody issue.

Started by zikzak, Dec 09, 2009, 03:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zikzak

today im still waiting the hearing on my custody case to have the judge decide if will grant the mother sole custody or joint legal custody as i want.

today i receive a letter from school after sending the ferpa act information now they sending me info regarding my daughter and that n1h1 vaccination was ready for those who wanted im oppose to have my daughter vaccinate with h1n1.

im still have the legal custody of my child but the mother registered my daughter at school with out telling me i find out the school name after talking to my daughter by phone the other day.

the school told me they have to hear to the mother because she has physical custody of the child.

is there something i can do to have the school hold on for the vaccination till there is a court hearing for the custody of the child?

Kitty C.

With all the information currently out there, I have a feeling that time will be against you.  The reason being:  H1N1 will only be around for a limited amount of time and there is no way of determining if and when you will get this issue into court, and even if you do, that doesn't mean they will rule on it.

If you don't mind my asking, what is your reason for not having your child vaccinated?  Children are in the high risk group simply for the fact that they haven't the immunities built up to fight it off.  And if a child has any medical issues, all the more reason to have them vaccinated.  Two dentists that I work with literally had to go searching for available vaccine for their kids, driving into other communities/counties to find it....two children of one of the dentists have some serious health issues, hence her anxiety in trying to find it.  I don't know what the cut-off age is, but the vaccine is administered in a series of two IM shots (as compared to the nasal spray for adults) in young children.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

zikzak

i dont think this is the right forum for this topic, there is plenty of forums outhere where people can express their views in this issue H1N1 vaccines.

i just can say that there is no anough proof of side effects on people yet.

but my question is about if school have to listen at both parents till there is a decition about the custody of the child?

ocean

You have joint custody now? Call the principal first then the superintendents office....fax them or bring them you CURRENT papers and have them abide by them. Put in writing after the phone call of the decision...and make sure the school nurse knows...

zikzak

i have legal custody as the child has my name and is registered by both parents and we are waiting for the court decision to grant sole or joint legal custody.

there has not been any court ruling on the custody and she has the physical custody of the child...

but i don't have any court papers as we are waiting for the hearing for the court to decide on the sole or joint legal custody but today so far i have joint legal custody.

ocean

Oh....no, then. Doesnt matter their name. You have not finished court and the process so she is "legally" the primary parent until you establish your rights. Sorry...
You may think that you will be done in January but from experience depending on the court and judge is takes many many trips to the court house to finish. If someone is sick or bad weather...canceled. Plus the "normal" process is hearing, hearing, and more hearings, then a trial that may last a few sessions and not all in the same week.
The school can give both parents information legally with a birth certificate but for medical shots you need to get something from court when you are not married to the mother. Not fair, it is ,.....what it is.

zikzak

i see...

is what it is...

unfortunately also the hearing is in the states and im not in the states.

as someone told me before im up to go into a trip up the hill and that hill is the Kilimanjaro...

anyway i been very patient and im still waiting and waiting.

lets see what time says.

thanx for your answers

Davy

Maybe it just me but when it comes to medicating a child I would adamantly voice my objection irregardless of parental status, adjudicated court orders,  and particularly the school system.

The school can not make custody determinations based on "living arrangement" and all other matters are in limbo at this point in time.

ocean

I work in a school and yes the school can. This father has no legal rights with the court system. This is about a medical issue (shot) which the mother has primary placement for and really sole custody until they get an order in place.  School records is a little different and he can get those with a birth certificate if his name is on it.

zikzak

no the school can't, the only thing they can is follow the rules.

there is pending a court hearing plus a mediation aproach to solve our differences that fail.

there is no doubt about me holding legal custody of my child till a court says the opposite it's not just a birth certificate but a long story of a legal process that does not reach an end yet.

so far there has not been any court order or ruling that take away my right to parent and that right includes taking decitions upon the health and well being of my child.

i send a letter to the principal of the school and im still waiting for an answer.

im completely agree with davy

"The school can not make custody determinations based on "living arrangement" and all other matters are in limbo at this point in time."