Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:47:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

WOW!!!Am just amazed!!! Parental rights Terminated!!!

Started by saddadinok, Dec 11, 2009, 08:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saddadinok

My fiance was in court yesterday (in Colorado via OKLAHOMA)trying to defend his rights as a father and not have his parental rights terminated!!! well, they terminated them on the grounds of abandonment!! However, he had proof of trying to contact them and trying to see them..He appeared without an attorney...the judge would not even listen to him and would not take any of his documentation into consideration, however let his ex speak an took all of her documentation..he terminated his rights because he said" he didnt try hard enough"!!!

He is a loving father and is devastated....his ex has moved several times and has changed her # on many occasions...the judge didnt care about that at all!!! I highly suggest no one appear without an attorney!! he thought he had all the documentation he needed..police report where he showed up to get them for his visitation and was denied,phone records!!! Judge didnt care!!! You think as an American and living in a free country your rights are protected and you will be treated fairly!!! Think again!! NOT WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY(family law attorneys are in cahoots with family law judges etc. etc...same as with criminal attors.  !!!! He now has hired an attorney an is appealing!!!

How on gods green earth does a mother keep hurting her children and keep being able to look herself in the mirror!!! KARMA is a wicked wicked B*%$th...and I am a true believer that when you do the wrong things...something comes back on you!!!! Good luck stephanie and Joe in Colorado!!!! J will always be there father!!!REGARDLESS!!!!! ONE of the very best attorneys in the state is representing him now!!!!! 

Tyler233

Yes, its sad but most often you need an attorney to accomplish anything in this messed up system. Which of course poses the problem of financing an attorney, let alone a good one... I wish you and your fiance all the best for the appeal and that the next judge makes a more fair and balanced decision. :)

gemini3

I hope his new attorney is filing an appeal.  There is a standard of "clear and convincing evidence" for termination of parental rights.  (See Santosky v. Kramer)  If he had evidence that he had attempted contact then that standard was not met.

superdad01

Try to work on an appeal with an attorney. (he cannot afford not to have one)

Also he needs to lean how the game is played in court.

Look into filing a complaint against the judge... You won't be the first to do it.

blh1013

We've been going thru two years of hell with  my stepson's older half brother (who sexually abused him repeatedly) moved back in, while he was supposed to be completing treatment (but was arrested in the half way home for threft, destructin of prop, assault, etc). my SS has gone from honor roll to Ds, suspended twice (once for sexual harassment grabbing th egenitals of another male classmate) and teachers constantly complaining to us he hasn't done homework, behavior, etc.

He had two incidents in October- one, at 5 AM he came to our home (he's 12) becasue he was afraid of his brother, two weeks later, he ran to a neighbor after being hit and threeatened by same bor. we file TRO, and it was thrown out since "boys will be boys" and we didn't have a police reprt yet (two days after the incident)

A suggestion- I have my letter that I emaile, mailed, faxed, etc. to unlimited attorneys in th estate, after explainign the sit, asking them to condsider representing us for the basis of child safety need rather the ability to pay (we have an appt. Wed) so we'll see what happens.

If you's like to see the letter, email me at mortuarygirlz at yahoo dot com and I'll send it to you-- never know, it might help in your case-- but I think immediately he should file appeal.
Brandee

saddadinok

Update!!!! on my fiance's case,, We have recently found out that a magistrate cannot even terminate parental rights...he is not only appealing but is filing a motion to have the hearing null and void due to the fact that his rights were violated.....under the fourteenth amendment!!!  Keep in mind...judges can be wrong and they can be reprimanded and even de=robed(not sure that is the proper term, but I'm sure you get what I mean)!!!!

footballdad

Quote from: saddadinok on Dec 16, 2009, 04:12:40 PM
Update!!!! on my fiance's case,, We have recently found out that a magistrate cannot even terminate parental rights...he is not only appealing but is filing a motion to have the hearing null and void due to the fact that his rights were violated.....under the fourteenth amendment!!!  Keep in mind...judges can be wrong and they can be reprimanded and even de=robed(not sure that is the proper term, but I'm sure you get what I mean)!!!!

I agree, my wife was assigned a magistrate for her case regarding her son, and the guy is a flipping idiot.  He ordered a 3 year old to be delivered to his maternal grandparents....knowing that the same maternal grandparents had an active restraining order against them regarding the same child.

Go to the media.  And, these days, mediums such as craigslist or Facebook are considered the "media".....  You can also set up a webpage with your own domain name for under two dollars.

MixedBag