Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:41:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

FINALLY!!!!!! SEAN GOLDMAN WINS!!!

Started by Kitty C., Dec 16, 2009, 02:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

I saw that.......I'm just waiting to hear that they're BOTH on a plane heading for the US.......

Wouldn't that be the most incredible Christmas gift David AND Sean will ever have??
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Kitty C.

We're getting closer........apparently the Brazillian family now realizes that Brazillian law is against them.  I think all they're trying to figure out now is how the transfer will take place and when.......
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Davy

This is and always has been an "abduction " case and NOT a "custody" case as protrayed in the media and elsewhere.

I do not know how the child landed in Brazil to know if this matter can be  referred to initially as a "parental abduction" but it is crystal clear that once the mother passed-away the child should have been immediately returned to his father.  At that point in time the matter DEFINITELY became an "abduction".  The step parent and the MIL have zero custody rights over a natural parent.

Accoording to a article posted on Yahoo, a STL attorney commented  "The critical lesson from this tragic story is to not permit these child abduction cases to spiral into protracted custody disputes, as happened in Brazil," he said. "While Brazil finally made the right decision, Brazil breached its fundamental obligation to decide the abduction case expeditiously."

The sad fact is that the very same happens among the US judiciary in matters regarding children among two or more states.  The US judiciary is just as broken and corrupt brought on by their bias and prejudices.

And, it has been written, like in this Brazil case, a third party is usually the driving force behind the abduction. The sicko is often the maternal grandmother.

CuriousMom

I know this happened years ago, but currently don't you have to have both parents consent (and notarized I thought)  regardless of having a child's passport to get out of the country? 

Of course there is always a way to probably skirt around it....

janM

Quote from: CuriousMom on Dec 23, 2009, 05:50:23 PM
I know this happened years ago, but currently don't you have to have both parents consent (and notarized I thought)  regardless of having a child's passport to get out of the country? 

Of course there is always a way to probably skirt around it....

Would this apply to married parents too? I would hope not...

Kitty C.

Five years ago, David Goldman's wife took Sean to Brazil under the pretence of going on vacation, but never returned.  She divorced him, married a Brazilian atty. and died giving birth a couple years ago.  Because of the Hague convention, Sean should havve been returned immediately or at least returned after the mother died, but the stepfather is the one who put up the fight to keep him in Brazil.

As for passports, I don't think it matters if the parents are married or not, BOTH parents have to sign for it.

Davy

According to reports the father received custody of the child shortly after the mother divorced him and remarried in Brazil thus signaling the child would not be returned home (in the US).

The father's fight APPEARED to be against the stepfather .. a lawyer in a powerful family of Brazilian lawyers in a nation where the wealthy are used to coming out on top —

The maternal grandmother adamantly declared that a child belongs with the maternal grandmother when the mother is gone and subsequently blamed international pressure — in particular, the U.S. Senate's delay in renewing a trade bill worth $2.75 billion a year to Brazil — for losing her grandson. In addition, very high ranking officials from both nations have been involved.  I think the US was contrmplating issuing a "travel warning" to Brazil.

The maternal grandmother also lodged an appeal before the Brazilian Supreme Court last week, petitioning that the boy's own testimony about where he wanted to live be heard. That was denied Tuesday by Brazil's chief justice Gilmar Mendes.

"He is really sad, he doesn't want to go," she told the Estado de S. Paulo newspaper. "Gilmar Mendes stripped him of his right to expression, to open his mouth and say he doesn't want to go. In his own country, he's not respected. Here, he's under a gag rule."

Currently the Federal police are prepared to use force to return the child to his father and Interpol is on alert for the child being removed from Brazil.   Thr child resides in a compound with 24 - 7 security.

WHAT SHOULD BE TAKEN AWAY from these discussions is that these matters, both international or interstate, are beyond the scope of family courts without legitimate rulings on the uniform legal statues governing jurisdiction and moreso the enforcement of those rulings BEFORE APPROACHING ANY "CUSTODY" ISSUE.  MANY CHILDREN WOULD BE SPARED A LOT OF UNNECESSARY PAIN AND SUFFERING in both the short and long term !

MixedBag

I wanna read headlines saying that the son is back in the United States.....with his dad.

MixedBag

closer?

http://www.sphere.com/world/article/sean-goldman-reunited-with-father-david-goldman-in-brazil/19293326 (http://www.sphere.com/world/article/sean-goldman-reunited-with-father-david-goldman-in-brazil/19293326)

Kitty C.

Father and son are on a private jet on their way to New Jersey as I type this.........

What gall...........the Brazilian grandmother wanted to accompany David and Sean on the flight......'to ease transition' as she put it.  David Goldman never even entertained the thought.  He said first and foremost is therapy and counseling for Sean to combat the 5 years of emotional and psychological trauma they put that poor boy through.