Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:58:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

FINALLY!!!!!! SEAN GOLDMAN WINS!!!

Started by Kitty C., Dec 16, 2009, 02:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davy

"It is now time for our new beginning, the rebirth of our family at such a special time of the year," Goldman wrote in a letter that was read to reporters by U.S. Rep. Chris Smith after the father and son's plane took off.

"Today the abduction has ended," Smith said.

"I was disappointed to see him paraded through the streets," Smith said.
Once inside the US  consulate, however, Smith said the boy calmed down, ate a hamburger and talked with his father about basketball and how much snow there might be in New Jersey.

"Once he was with his dad they were smiling, with their arms around one another," Smith said. "They looked just like best buddies."

zikzak

I think the Goldman case it's a victory to all of us and certainly brings hope to many of us.

my concern is about the great amounts of money spend to finally get his child back.

5 years!

i been 4 years away of my child and i don't reach courts yet

anyway good for the Goldman's.

CuriousMom

Jan -

I didn't think it applied if both parents were present, just for one parent traveling without the other. 

Kitty C.

CM, I'm sure you realize that a passport is good for 10 years........if both parents and the child leave the country for whatever reason, that's one thing, but at any time throughout that 10 years, either one of those parents could take the child out of the country on their own.  Thus the reason for BOTH parents to sign for the passport.  Also, if both parents signed for the child's passport and one parent has reason to believe that the other parent may leave the country with the child, they can contact federal authorities to have the passport watched, if they did not give consent for the child to leave.

But I really can't see any way of stopping what happened to David and Sean Goldman.....considering he thought they were only going on vacation.  He had NO warning whatsoever that her intention was to leave permanently.  So he gave his blessing on the trip, only to deal with this fight for the next 5 years.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MixedBag

Adults -- 10 years, Children less....dare I guess 4 or 6.

I agree not sure dad could have prevented this since MOM lied or changed her mind once she got south.

SO....have they landed???

MixedBag

They arrived in Orlando....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091224/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_brazil_us_custody_battle;_ylt=AmJAhOgAyFRMK5_yIqGmUf29IxIF;_ylu=X3oDMTNncm1wN2w1BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMjI0L2x0X2JyYXppbF91c19jdXN0b2R5X2JhdHRsZQRjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wdWxhcgRjcG9zAzMEcG9zAzMEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHNsawNib3lhbWVyaWNhbmQ (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091224/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_brazil_us_custody_battle;_ylt=AmJAhOgAyFRMK5_yIqGmUf29IxIF;_ylu=X3oDMTNncm1wN2w1BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMjI0L2x0X2JyYXppbF91c19jdXN0b2R5X2JhdHRsZQRjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wdWxhcgRjcG9zAzMEcG9zAzMEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHNsawNib3lhbWVyaWNhbmQ)-

CuriousMom

Children's passports are only 5 years, adults 10.  I already knew that.  The traveling without both parents regardless of having a passport was something I had heard and wasn't sure.  On the news last night during the update, they confirmed you do not need the other parents approval other than the passport so that answered my question.

bloom6372

For passports, either both parents need to be present when they submit the paperwork, or the one that won't be present needs to sign the Consent form. But after that, you don't need the other parent's approval to travel (the only reason I know is because my hubby is in the military and we are stationed in Japan and he doesn't need a written consent from BM to get SD over here for his secondary custody).

Quote from: CuriousMom on Dec 25, 2009, 06:43:05 AM
Children's passports are only 5 years, adults 10.  I already knew that.  The traveling without both parents regardless of having a passport was something I had heard and wasn't sure.  On the news last night during the update, they confirmed you do not need the other parents approval other than the passport so that answered my question.

tigger

"To take the boy on Christmas Day is a heinous crime."

Oh please, give me a break.  What about the last 5 Christmas Days, the last 5 birthdays, the last 5 Father's Days, the last 5 blocks of 365 days that the child was taken away from the PARENT?  Her heart is broken?  How the heck does she think the FATHER felt all those years?  Or if she's completely without compassion for males, how about the grandmother and aunts?

"It is inhumane that he left without a guarantee that his grandmotherwould be able to see him in the United States," Tostes said.

If that was inhumane then it was BEYOND inhumane that the child left 5 years ago without a guarantee that his father would get to see him and that it was in fact BLOCKED.  Got no sympathy for the grandmother.  Makes me mad.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

nnote

The Children's Passport Issuance Alert Program

http:    //travel.state.gov/family/abduction/resources/resources_554.html

I signed my daughter up.