Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:18:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

FINALLY!!!!!! SEAN GOLDMAN WINS!!!

Started by Kitty C., Dec 16, 2009, 02:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davy

It has been said (I think) that the boy and his father are appearing on the NBC morning show tomorrow (Monday, 12/28).   

I very much doubt there will be any mention of the passport process since it does not appear to be relevant in this case.

From the remarks I last heard reported from the father we can expect to hear of the large number of abducted children and the EXPECTED increased ENFORCEMENT efforts resulting from hopeful changes in the law.   (Judges find a way not to follow)

Personally, I hope, to set an example, the US withhold the Labor agreements with Brazil and both the grandmother and the deceased mother's husband be criminally charge and convicted.
Further, I hope there is a way to prosecute the deceased mother in abstanence since she was a major player.  Very interested in forensic evidence of her death.  Everybody may be surprised.

I hope there is some discussion of interstate abductions.

Davy

Father still waiting to be called "Dad."

"I said, 'You can call me Dad,'" David Goldman said on NBC's "Today" show. "And he didn't say anything."

There could also be legislation to address other international abduction cases.

U.S. Rep. Chris Smith (New Jersey) is pushing a bill that would allow the U.S. to impose sanctions on countries that don't comply with an international treaty on how to handle similar abduction cases.

There are about 2,800 such cases worldwide involving children from the U.S., officials say.

Davy

Hallaluah everybody say cheese !!   Poor child.

• SAO PAULO —  The Brazilian family of a 9-year-old boy returned by court order to his U.S. father said Tuesday it will fight to regain custody.

Brazilian lawyers (deceased mother's husband family) for the relatives (grandmother) of the kidnapped US boy said they will push forward with a request from his Brazilian grandmother to allow the kidnapped US boy to make his own father-alienated wishes known in court.

The request was initially denied, but the Brazilian Supreme Court has not issued a final ruling on that matter. The court does not convene until February .

"Sean's early delivery does not end the legal process," the lawyers said in a statement. "The legal process in Brazil is not over."  The lawyers said that if the Supreme Court rules in favor of the grandmother, the decision will be relayed to American authorities so the boy can be heard.

Five years an early delivery ??  Of course this matter shouldn't go forward.  These sickos should be happy they're are not in prison.

snowrose

I'm glad to hear the boy is back.  No doubt he's going to have to go through an awful lot to begin to think well of his father.  I've no doubt he's been PAS'd something awful.  Hopefully the father will get the boy some therapy.

As to the Supreme Court of Brazil considering the boy's wishes.  I would HOPE they'd be smart enough (seems like they were to begin with, at least) that they'd realize that a boy of 9 won't know what his real wishes are when he hasn't seen his father in 4-5 years and has probably been told negative things about his father - like maybe his father didn't want him.

It's going to be a hard adjustment for the child, both culturally and emotionally.  Poor kid.

Davy

the grandmother's wishes NOT the boy's wishes

snowrose

Quote from: Davy on Dec 29, 2009, 12:34:40 PM
the grandmother's wishes NOT the boy's wishes

Lawyers for the relatives of Sean Goldman said they will push forward with a request from his Brazilian grandmother to allow the boy to make his own wishes known in court.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/091229/world/lt_brazil_us_custody_battle (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/091229/world/lt_brazil_us_custody_battle)

Not that it matters.  Nine years old and hasn't seen or heard from his dad in all that time, a boy has no idea what's really best for him.

I'm glad that he'll be spending time with his father.  One good thing about this is the longer he spends with his father the less likely they'll send him back.  Once he acclimates, they won't want to change him again.  *fingers crossed*

Davy

LIKE I SAID...the grandmother's wishes NOT the boy's wishes

janM

Every time I hear about one parent (or in this case a grandparent) wanting their child to voice their wishes to the court, it's because that parent knows that the child will say they want to be with that parent. Sean's relatives have already done this in the past, taping him saying he wanted to stay. Of course he's going to say that! Even if he meant it (he doesn't know anything else), it doesn't mean he knows what's best for him!

If this does go forward, and he does need to be heard (I hope not), I hope he tells them just how wonderful life in the US is, with his loving father and extended family, and that though he loves his gma, he is perfectly happy there. Maybe David can delay, delay, delay like they did, so that Sean is even more settled in, and the court will not want to disrupt him - again. Like his mother did.

Gma is nuts. Sean has already texted and spoken to her. David has said she could come and visit him. They are more interested in themselves, and/or making a point. I understand her attachment to Sean, I have grandkids, and raised one for a couple of years. He is not her child. She has to let go.

Kitty C.

A quote from an article on abcnews.com:

'Brazilian courts have already turned down the family's initial request to let Sean testify but has not made a final ruling on the matter.

But a U.S. judge said he doesn't believe any ruling by Brazil's courts would be enough to send Sean back.

"Realistically, it's just not going to happen," U.S. District Judge Peter Messette said. "I cannot imagine any judge or any judicial system in the United States sending this boy back."'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If this is the case, then the grandmother can whine and cry all she wants to, but Sean won't be going back, regardless of what the Brazilian supreme court rules.  I can well imagine that David won't even entertain the thought of traveling there, because I wouldn't put it past them (the mother's family) to try to abduct him again.  So if they want to see him, they will have to come to the US.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Davy

Everybody absolutely needs to understand that this case is clearly about an "abduction" of a child and not primarily about "custody issues"  ie primary residency, visitation, parent plans, etc.

Every interstate and international abduction case I have ever read about or heard about goes awry as soon as "mother" is mentioned whereas the abductors government, judicial sytsem, attorneys, abductors and their supporters try to substantiate the resulting illegal behavior against the acts that exist for the protection of children.  This case should have been finalized years ago !!!.   

In the case at hand, what the abductors say and want simply do not matter.  Not the grandMOTHER, her attorneys or their supreme court in any custody matter.  Even the abducting parent (if still alive) would have lost her gleeming glamor and privilege.

At this point, the father's only responsibility is to provide a loving, nuturing environment for the child to live and thrive without interference from no-count SOB's.

btdt...and it's a long recovery if ever.