Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 06:33:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Determining Paternity

Started by travisvn1, Dec 16, 2009, 08:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

travisvn1

About 10 years ago I went through a divorce. My Ex wife at the time said she no longer loved me and wanted a divorce. After we separated but before the divorce was final I was told that she got pregnant by a guy she cheated on me with prior to filing divorce papers. She apparently found out she was pregnant and filed for divorce. Within days of me finding this out through a mutual friend I was served with a restraining order.
   When I went to the restraining order hearing. She was obviously several months pregnant. The Judge granted the TRO for 6 months. This was just enough time for her to have the baby and leave California back to her home state of Maine. I have always wondered about the child. Recently out of curiosity I looked to see if she had a facebook page and what do you know there was a picture of her and her daughter. What surprised me even more was that there was more of a resemblance of me and none of the guy she supposedly slept with. The person she slep with was Hispanic with dark skin and dark black hair. Her daughter has a fair complexion and light brown hair and facial features that resemble mine.
   First off I want to know if I have a daughter. If I can confirm paternity what would be my rights, responibilities, and recousre against the mother for essentially kidnapping my daughter that she hid from me. I would never want to take her away from the mother but I would like to be apart of her life if she is mine and I would want her to know her half brothers, my twin boys. Any advice or comments would be great!

nnote

You can file an order for a paternity test, and if it's your's guess what...
You'll probably be ordered to pay back child support, medical bills etc for the time your child was kidnapped from you.
Sick huh?
happened to me.