Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:39:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ex gf will not let me have unsupervised visits with my son

Started by DDS, Dec 19, 2009, 09:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil

If (once paternity is proven) you file for visitation and her contention is you should not have visitation unless it is supervised, the judge "could" give you temp orders, however, it is unlikely you would get unsupervised visitation.  It is more likely you would get a few hours supervised visitation until all evaluations and hearings are completed, then that would remain the court orders with incremental increased in hours or you would then be granted unsupervised visitation.    It wholly depends on what her allegations are and what she fights for and your judge.

CuriousMom

DDS -

My son's father was given unsupervised visits the same day of the hearing, he was 3 1/2 months old at the time.  The temp order was a step-up plan over several months.  We never lived together, I had left him before I found out I was pregnant. 

I had requested supervised for awhile because he had absolutely no experience with infants or children and my son had some special needs.  The only supervision that happened was the on the 1st visit he was to spend time at my home learning the basics and if there was time left during the visitation hours they were his to with what he wished.

From other posts sounds like unsupervised is more of the norm until you get further hearings.

DDS

Quote from: CuriousMom on Jan 01, 2010, 05:46:26 PM
DDS -

My son's father was given unsupervised visits the same day of the hearing, he was 3 1/2 months old at the time.  The temp order was a step-up plan over several months.  We never lived together, I had left him before I found out I was pregnant. 

I had requested supervised for awhile because he had absolutely no experience with infants or children and my son had some special needs.  The only supervision that happened was the on the 1st visit he was to spend time at my home learning the basics and if there was time left during the visitation hours they were his to with what he wished.

From other posts sounds like unsupervised is more of the norm until you get further hearings.

From what I've heard, it sounds like I file and then she has one month to answer. At that time we do a hearing... does that sound pretty standard?

CuriousMom

Depends on where you live, they all seem to vary.  He filed and in about 4 days our hearing was scheduled.  We were notified of our trial about 2 days prior (but it was pushed out every month for about 3 months because the courts were too busy).

DDS

now will i get unsupervised visits after filing the paperwork, or at the hearing?

Kitty C.

No, you will get whatever the judge at the hearing decides you should have.  If the BM cannot convince the judge as to why you should have supervised visitation, only then will you get unsupervised.  One thing to keep in mind with temp. orders....keep them long enough and they will become permanent, so fight HARD for as much as you can possibly get at the temp. hearing.  If the judge is generous, then delay the permanent hearing for as long as possible.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

DDS

Quote from: Kitty C. on Jan 03, 2010, 09:07:15 AM
No, you will get whatever the judge at the hearing decides you should have.  If the BM cannot convince the judge as to why you should have supervised visitation, only then will you get unsupervised.  One thing to keep in mind with temp. orders....keep them long enough and they will become permanent, so fight HARD for as much as you can possibly get at the temp. hearing.  If the judge is generous, then delay the permanent hearing for as long as possible.

Good advice.. thank you.