Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:06:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Involuntary Outpatient Treatment in Georgia

Started by grapeape, Jan 04, 2010, 04:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grapeape

does anyone have any information on this? the allegations are false and stem from the fact that the BM kicked the BF out of the house for drugs and aggressive behavior.

haven't seen the documents, but hear it is alleging anger. and that the BM is to be at the PCP's office at 2pm tomorrow.
this has not been served by law enforcement yet.

not trusting this situation. this is a very small town. the BF and assisting party are very well connected with the probate court and law enforcement.

so, i am confused. shouldn't this evaluation be conducted by a mental health professional, not the pcp?

any help is appreciated

ocean

PCP?
Not sure but if you are talking about court ordered treatment and the person does not go, police get involved. Here a family member can ask the courts to order it if the person will harm themselves or others.

grapeape

that is what has happened. the BF has become very close to the BM father. together, they have filed for this involuntary treatment. i spend every day with this person and her child. as well as have dealt with her father and husband.

none of what they say is true. so how does she beat this if they have provided false information?

ocean

I dont know too much because we ended up not doing the court ordered but I know we would have had to fill out a form and proof of what was going on. Sometimes a dr can also get involved and testify. There should of been a court date? Is tomorrow the first court date?
What is pcp?

grapeape

no court date yet. certainly no proof, other than what they say. PCP (primary care physician) her primary doctor that she hasn't been seeing very long.

ocean

Hmmm..is the PCP also the county dr? Maybe he also works for the courts and she is ordered to go to dr? If it happens to be her dr too then maybe that is good? I am guess drugs? (prescription? going to different dr to get pills? illegal?). I guess she will have to wait and see what the allegations even are and then take it from there...

grapeape

actually i talked to the probate court clerk. she said that they usually send a mental health professional over from a neighboring town. that's why i don't get why they are now using pcp.