Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 01:12:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Can some one please respond to this my time is very limited!?? Please Help

Started by thelionsden1, Jan 10, 2010, 11:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ocean

ummm....you cant tell child support office not to call you. Sounds like there is an open case in CA in which case you need to find out right away. Call tomorrow morning and see if there is an open case (They will use your SS# to find out). You may already have arrears growing in that state. It is VERY important to get to the bottom of that phone call. They can take away your driver's license, take away tax returns, take away any state or federal licenses that you may have, and when they find out where you work, garnish your wages. (all without a court date if child support was already ordered). If the mother is getting any type of services through the state you will be asked to repay that amount (food stamps/card, medical insurance, any aid).

thelionsden1

Who do you call for something like that? I didn't know all of this because this is the first time I have been here. Dang! This is pretty scary and really disappointing. Is Davy right about what he says if so please inform more because it seems that ocean has a different belief in the matter. I really hope that may be the case though Davy and I thank you for chiming in because ill take any advice and opinions right now. Im so blown away by how I can be stuck never seeing her and have to pay all of this. If she was here I would provide for her not the state of CA. She was born here. I want to raise her here where there is a good community and good public schools not down in gangville CA where I have no idea what this woman is doing with their money and mine. Grrrrr......

ocean

Look online for the child support unit for CA...(Im in a different state but here there is one number to call for the whole state). I think this might be it..
http://www.childsup.ca.gov/Home/DCSSContactInformation/tabid/122/Default.aspx

Ill let others chime in on the other part (during the week this site is more active) but you are not going to be able to get custody easily. You need to prove that she is not taking care of child. Giggles is right...this is going to be a long battle just to get a parenting plan in place especially since this is long distance and the child is so young. 

Davy

thelionsden - if your objective is to have ANY relationship with your child now and in the future the very best effort on your part right now is to try to establish jurisdiction in your HOME state thus allowing your home state judiciary and operatives make determinations for all issues.    Filing for temporary custody is an act to establish jurisdiction defeating the foreign state (ie Ca. ).  Any action in an abscounded-to state will likely be deemed illegal.

Simply put, the appropriate legal jurisdiction must first be established before any other matter and it is highly likely you would know it if that had been accomplished.  DO NOT contact Ca. CS for any reason.  DO review the UCCJA (EA) and PKPA foundation statues in the articles section on this site and, if possible, retain counsel familiar with and have practiced interstate custody successfully. 

The alternatve could be you will spend years looking for your child and maybe finding a gravesite.   

Nobody I know ever said these things are easy.