Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 01:15:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mediation Process

Started by Brian1079, Jan 11, 2010, 06:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian1079

Hi

I am in FL.  How long does a contested divorce take?  My atty says about a year.  It just seems everything moves so slow, and I feel I am losing my child through this whole process.  I need some advice on what I can do to make things move along quicker.  Who gets to set dates as regards to mediation, etc.?  Please help.

Thank you

MixedBag

a whole lot longer than it takes to get married.

Got a friend here -- contested, and she started 6 months ago, pend ad litem hearing is in February....

that's the first hearing where temporary custody is set -- though they've somehow been ordered to mediation in Jan.

Got another friend here -- uncontested -- took 2 months.....and another uncontested took 3 months....

So "we can't say"

phil

My uncontested divorce took 7 months in FL, so I would hate to say that their attorney is probaly right, if not longer.

Brian1079

Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated.  However, as I am sure you all have been through, pretty discouraging.   I would rather handle my situation amicabaly; however, my STBX has different ideas.

She continues to keep my 1 year old daughter from me and only allow me to see her the absolute minimum of EOW and one night a week.  I am trying for my atty to push for more.  I just seems it is such an uphill battle at times.  I am trying to be the bigger person in my case, and it is pretty obvious to any outsider that I am being that; however, I am not sure if that will actually haunt me in the long run.